The Crawl Chronicles

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking at the pictures I took, I just realized that my jack is missing the handle and lift part. I'm guessing it was from the deep plunge.

Peabody Town Forest 7/30/21

Friday evening crawl! Finally got the new Flysky on the trail.
0730211709a.jpg
0730211722_Burst01.jpg
0730211720a.jpg
0730211720_Burst01.jpg
0730211732d.jpg

Man, I want that! I kinda want that GT3C too. I bought the B.
I still got my GT3B from over 10 years ago! I thought it wasn't starting to glitch, so I grabbed this C. Turns out the B wasn't glitching, it was because the Redcat ESC has the motor polarity reversed.
No biggie, I've been eyeing this purty orange tx for awhile now, anyways. Now, I have it! 😀
Peno is look sweet man. Got to love Friday nite crawls/bashing. Nice 👍👍
Thanks, brotha! Yep, us working stiffs gotta love Friday nights!

@Xraycer Great pics! I love seeing your playgrounds. I feel like I've been wandering the desert, the water in your pics makes me so jealous.

@Tunedpipe Yeah, rattlers do like the heat, but at least they usually give you a heads up if you get to close.

This time of year when it gets hot, my favorite spot is used by a lot of crawlers. RATTLE SNAKES...:eek:
I suppose another great thing about rc crawlers is that you can use them like minesweepers for rattlers. Stay directly behind your vehicle at all times 🐍
@Xraycer Great pics! I love seeing your playgrounds. I feel like I've been wandering the desert, the water in your pics makes me so jealous.

@Tunedpipe Yeah, rattlers do like the heat, but at least they usually give you a heads up if you get to close.
It was gorgeous here this afternoon! Sunny, low humidity, and right at 70°

We are gonna head up to the mountains next week and mess around with them. I'm taking a few of my granddaughters riding Monday and then the wife and I will got back up Wednesday or Thursday.

We are gonna head up to the mountains next week and mess around with them. I'm taking a few of my granddaughters riding Monday and then the wife and I will got back up Wednesday or Thursday.
Nice!

Man, I want that! I kinda want that GT3C too. I bought the B.
The B is the better model IMO. Not that the C is bad but the C used to be known for the steering wheel developing issues. IDK if thats something they ever fixed or not but the B can also be modded to use a 3500mAh lipo where the C has proprietary 800mAh batteries. Plus you can do the bearing mod for the B's steering wheel to make it smoother. It turns on a bushing but you can replace the bushing with a bearing. You can also flip the polarization screen around on the B to supposedly be able to see it better during the day. Not sure about that mod, its one of the only ones I havent done. You used to be able to mod it so you can flash custom firmware to it as well although I suspect you can probably do that to the C as well.

The B is the better model IMO. Not that the C is bad but the C used to be known for the steering wheel developing issues. IDK if thats something they ever fixed or not but the B can also be modded to use a 3500mAh lipo where the C has proprietary 800mAh batteries. Plus you can do the bearing mod for the B's steering wheel to make it smoother. It turns on a bushing but you can replace the bushing with a bearing. You can also flip the polarization screen around on the B to supposedly be able to see it better during the day. Not sure about that mod, its one of the only ones I havent done. You used to be able to mod it so you can flash custom firmware to it as well although I suspect you can probably do that to the C as well.
I just got the C for the pretty color. I have no plans to modify or hack it. I tend to just keep most things simple. Thanks for the good info though!

Well here's one of them, just finished her up and I love it. I did slip with the body scissors a little bit below the door so I had to cut it off short to cover the cut. I wanted to paint below the doors black as well but , chit happens. :)

IMG_1100.JPG
IMG_1101.JPG
IMG_1102.JPG

SCX10 platform, I had pretty much all the parts in my parts drawer.
Homes Hobbies motor, Hobbywing 1080 esc, Redcat bumpers, a few amazon parts also.

I did slip with the body scissors a little bit below the door so I had to cut it off short to cover the cut. I wanted to paint below the doors black as well but , chit happens. :)
Even though you said that, I still can't see it. Looks AWESOME!

Got the injora 1" beadlocks and hyrax knockoffs today.... and my motor died 🤣.

20210731_172125.jpg

Now I just need to figure out if I wanna go full potato with the replacement motor. I have a spare surpass 2204, and another furitek esc. But I also have a spare stock motor. Might look at one of the new brushed alternatives, too.

View attachment 130356

Now I just need to figure out if I wanna go full potato with the replacement motor. I have a spare surpass 2204, and another furitek esc. But I also have a spare stock motor. Might look at one of the new brushed alternatives, too.
Are those Hyrax knock-offs any good?

View attachment 130356

I think I am gonna grab that Teku combo. Do you know what the stock spur and pinion is?

Back