The Crawl Chronicles

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I want to build a basher from the ground up but can't decide what yet.

I want to build a basher from the ground up but can't decide what yet.
The Tekno MT410 is probably the best one I have found so far. I am working on buying the stuff for building one, but will probably be a few months.

I found that chain still in the little plastic bag stuffed in one off my spare parts boxes and thought, why not..? ;)
Gotta love it when you come across cool parts. I just found some tiny geared motors I bought for a project from years gone by. They would make killer 1/16 winches I think.

It's amazing how many things I find in my "Stuff" that I didn't remember owning, it's like my birthday all the time! 🤣

Crap! I went and got distracted again, I was going to tell @Tunedpipe how sweet his ride is lookin'.

Last edited:
Experimental dremel cuts on the center lugs of some canyons for the front end of Trash6. And some new Injora beads 🤩

20210806_231318.jpg

And a new amazon special servo (gotta see if the 35's are as good as the 20's and 25's)

20210806_231711.jpg

Edit: just did a quick test run... huge improvement!

Last edited:
@Pat_ranch Wheels look good, how long did it take to cut those tires?
Pulling the smaller center center lug takes about 10 minutes per tire, and dremel cutting the sipes maybe took 2 minutes each. I used a new snip for the radial cuts
20210807_105223.jpg

and a razor knife blade for the vertical cuts to separate it from the main center lug.
20210807_105304.jpg

Great activity for watching tv from the dining room table.
Ends up like this before dremel work
20210807_105339.jpg

And then I just gently buzz across the lug with a cutoff wheel for this
20210807_105352.jpg

The real world instant difference was the sudden ability to just drive up the concrete steps at my back door. Trash6 couldn't do it before, but does it easily after.

Lol- it took less time to cut tires than it did to assemble beadlocks 🤣

Pulling the smaller center center lug takes about 10 minutes per tire, and dremel cutting the sipes maybe took 2 minutes each. I used a new snip for the radial cuts
View attachment 130597
and a razor knife blade for the vertical cuts to separate it from the main center lug.
View attachment 130598
Great activity for watching tv from the dining room table.
Ends up like this before dremel work
View attachment 130600
And then I just gently buzz across the lug with a cutoff wheel for this
View attachment 130601
The real world instant difference was the sudden ability to just drive up the concrete steps at my back door. Trash6 couldn't do it before, but does it easily after.

Lol- it took less time to cut tires than it did to assemble beadlocks 🤣
Looks good sir. They look little like the interco irock super swamper. Nice job man👍👍
Screenshot_20210807-184608_Google.jpg

Middlesex Fells Reservation 8/16/21

Got up this morning at 6am and it was 58°. Felt like a beautiful fall day. So much so, that I lit up the fire pit and enjoyed a cup of joe. Every meeting just start out this way!
With nothing on the "to do list" today, the plan was to get down to Middlesex Fells Reservation. I waited until 10am just to be sure that the Boston commuting traffic has cleared.
Today, I chose Habanero, with all it's new exterior bling. Last time I was here, I had Reaper, my SCX10iii, and it did awesome, and I honestly didn't expect Habanero to do just as well. Well, as I wrong! Habanero might have outperformed Reaper today. Clearing lines and obstacles I just didn't think it could. Another thing I love about this TRX4 platform is how smooth and quiet the brush motor and gearing is. Its like this thing is running a brushless system.
Today's crawl was nearly perfect. However, couldn't find that crazy near vertical wall I had found last time. I really wanted to see how high up Habanero could go. Next time!
0816211036a.jpg
0816211032.jpg
0816211115_HDR.jpg

0816211245b.jpg
0816211107b.jpg
0816211116b.jpg
0816211055a.jpg
0816211122_HDR.jpg
0816211210.jpg
0816211037a.jpg

Back