The Crawl Chronicles

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What are the screws and o-rings for in this?

My Deadbolt arrives tomorrow! I haven't bought any upgrades yet because there is so much available for it, it's hard to decide. I like the Treal stuff. Might grab some of their wheels and brass axle upgrades.

Still trying to souce some Mud Slingers. RC4WD has them, but it's $10 shipping. Hoping they show up at Tower by the time the Gray C10's are back in stock so I can get em shipped for free. Will grab the Furitek kit in a couple weeks. I don't think I have ever been so stoked waiting for a small scale rig to show up 😁

What are the screws and o-rings for in this?

My Deadbolt arrives tomorrow! I haven't bought any upgrades yet because there is so much available for it, it's hard to decide. I like the Treal stuff. Might grab some of their wheels and brass axle upgrades.

Still trying to souce some Mud Slingers. RC4WD has them, but it's $10 shipping. Hoping they show up at Tower by the time the Gray C10's are back in stock so I can get em shipped for free. Will grab the Furitek kit in a couple weeks. I don't think I have ever been so stoked waiting for a small scale rig to show up 😁
I can't recall what those screws and spacers were for. I believe with the Deadbolt, it was just removing the stock wheel hexes, and then just dropping in the brass'.

Peabody Town Forest 7/23/21

Work was slow, so I got the green light to leave early. Got home around noon, had lunch and went over to mother in law's place to fix her outdoor faucet.
Good deed done. Now, for some me time! It was 80° and the parking lot was empty. Got the place to myself again!
0723211746c.jpg

0723211706.jpg
0723211657e.jpg
0723211657b.jpg

0723211725a.jpg
0723211705_Burst01.jpg

Always love seeing tha Habster! You have the best scenery!
I'm so loving this spot! I still haven't covered all the trails yet. I can see so, so many boulders that are right now covered up by the wild foliage. Once all the foliage dies back, this place can actually become even better!
I'm thinking about rearranging a heavily boulder filled area, off the beaten path, into a crawling course. Just building bridges and obstacles with all the fallen timber. Going from boulder to boulder. And doing it in a way, that makes it inconspicuous and naturally blending in.

I'm thinking about rearranging a heavily boulder filled area, off the beaten path, into a crawling course. Just building bridges and obstacles with all the fallen timber. Going from boulder to boulder. And doing it in a way, that makes it inconspicuous and naturally blending in.
That would be awesome! And this Habanero is just a gorgeous rig. In the shots, it could nearly pass for a real 1:1 sitting there.

Peabody Town Forest 7/23/21

Work was slow, so I got the green light to leave early. Got home around noon, had lunch and went over to mother in law's place to fix her outdoor faucet.
Good deed done. Now, for some me time! It was 80° and the parking lot was empty. Got the place to myself again!
View attachment 130047
View attachment 130048View attachment 130049View attachment 130050
View attachment 130051View attachment 130052
Always take care of the in-laws. That's brownie points with the wifey. That is a very cool spot. Rig looks sweet. I can't wait to build the TRX-4 hoping to maybe pick it up today😁😁 we will see

Always take care of the in-laws. That's brownie points with the wifey. That is a very cool spot. Rig looks sweet. I can't wait to build the TRX-4 hoping to maybe pick it up today😁😁 we will see
You better document and photograph EVERYTHING because I may be right behind you. I have been watching vids on the Sport kit and I am kinda surprised a Traxxas has me so interested (long story).

My MIL has been a widow for the past 5 years, and her son is 500 miles away, so I have to step up and help her out with the house. The wife rewards me handsomely for these things 😉
You better document and photograph EVERYTHING because I may be right behind you. I have been watching vids on the Sport kit and I am kinda surprised a Traxxas has me so interested (long story).
I want to see a build-off between y'all!

I'm psyched to see the RCT Crawl Crew growing!

Last edited:
I want to see a build-off between y'all!

I'm psyched to see the RCT Crawl Crew growing!
Yeah, that would be fun. But it will be at least 2 weeks before my budget refreshes. And even then I have been promising my boy we'd grab that Tekno MT410. It's a budget killer.

But I am completely hooked on these TRX-4's!

Middlesex Fells Reservation 7/24/21

Got up early today, to beat the crowd onto the trail. Turned out to be an epic day! Perfect cool, weather and the bugs were still sleeping from the night's cool temp.
Reaper proved itself a crawling beast, accomplishing lines I didn't think it could make it!
The only major fail, was me underestimating a simple line, and Reaper went sideways over about a 50° grade, tumbling about 50ft straight down. Reaper sustained 0 damages from the fall. It took a bit of sweat for me to scale down to retrieve Reaper, and then ask the way back up. Adding insult to pride injury, as I reached the top, my cell phone fell out of my jacket pocket, and tumbled back down towards the bottom. Luckily, it only made it halfway down.
Despite this mishap, I had an absolute blast! Easily the best crawl session of the season thus far!
0724210841a.jpg
0724210849a_HDR.jpg
0724210713e.jpg
0724210710a.jpg

0724210756a_Burst01.jpg
0724210827_Burst01.jpg
0724210704_Burst01.jpg
0724210706c.jpg

Last edited:
Middlesex Fells Reservation 7/24/21

Got up early today, to beat the crowd onto the trail. Turned out to be an epic day! Perfect cool, weather and the bugs were still sleeping from the night's cool temp.
Reaper proved itself a crawling beast, accomplishing lines I didn't think it could make it!
The only major fail, was me underestimating a simple line, and Reaper went sideways over about a 50° grade, tumbling about 50ft straight down. Reaper sustained 0 damages from the fall. It took a bit of sweat for me to scale down to retrieve Reaper, and then ask the way back up. Adding insult to pride injury, as I reached the top, my cell phone fell out of my jacket pocket, and tumbled back down towards the bottom. Luckily, it only made it halfway down.
Despite this mishap, I had an absolute blast! Easily the best crawl session of the season thus far!
View attachment 130070View attachment 130071View attachment 130072View attachment 130073

View attachment 130074View attachment 130075View attachment 130076View attachment 130077
Man, someone (meaning YOU) needs to get permission to host an RC crawler event there! That terrain should be where the crawler manufacturer go to showcase their rigs. It's just amazing!

I will do my best for you sir. I never really did a build video. So we will see how it all goes pics for sure I got ya covered 👍👍👍

Man, someone (meaning YOU) needs to get permission to host an RC crawler event there! That terrain should be where the crawler manufacturer go to showcase their rigs. It's just amazing!
Yeah, that sounds like a poop load of work. However, I'm gain for an unauthorize, unsanctioned jamboree though! 😸
Glad Reaper is keeping things entertaining! Awsome terrain, you are in crawler paradise. Great pics! 😍
I absolutely love this place, and it's huge! I only got to 3 of these large rock cropping, and was only about a quarter mile in from the parking area I was at. There must be dozens of these cropping.
The hikers seems pleasantly amused at what I was doing. One friendly gentleman even said to me, "I gotta tell ya, this is a first!" As he smiles and watched Reaper do it's thing ☺️

Last edited:
Yeah, that sounds like a poop load of work. However, I'm gain for an unauthorize, unsanctioned jamboree though! 😸

I absolutely love this place, and it's huge! I only got to 3 of these large rock cropping, and was only about a quarter mile in from the parking area I was at. There must be dozens of these cropping.
The hikers seems pleasantly amused at what I was doing. One friendly gentleman even said to me, "I gotta tell ya, this is a first!" As he smiles and watched Reaper do it's thing ☺️
Hell yeah thats awesome. You would be surprised how many men/momen will sit/stand there and watch you drive your RC. And they are truly amazed by them. And I'm sure they are even more so with the scale crawlers.

Back