The Barnfab race blog thread.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BarnFabRC

RCTalk Talkaholic
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
It was a big RC weekend for me this weekend. Started Saturday at The Factory RC Raceway for the final points race for the winter season. I managed to pull third in the points for 13.5 4wd buggy with my B74.1. I’m pretty happy with that for being my rookie season. They’re doing a rewards thing in two weeks and I’ll get my plaque then.

IMG_2997.jpeg

I also took a podium with the T6.4 in open stadium truck. I’m only running a 13.5 in that as well.

IMG_2996.png

Them today my RC bench got a mega upgrade!

Picked up a new table the other day and I finally setup my dual screens. Partly because I picked up a second job doing some remote programming for the shop I got my start in CNC at many moons ago. He had a few key people leave the company and is in a pinch. I’ll probably get started with it in a few weeks. They’re sending me a laptop with the proprietary software on it. Hopefully some reasonably easy money.

IMG_2995.jpeg

The table was supposed to be my pit table for Pitstop. But if I can make some money with it I have no problem buying a second one 😂

I think I’m going to continue posting my race updates here so it’s easy to find (for me 😆)

When you can bring in side money for the hobby it's a good thing. :thumbs-up: I made $200.00 doing some photo editing last week, which allowed me to pick up a few things I wouldn't have been able to for a while. Glad you had a good first race season. Next season you'll know what to expect.

Getting prepped for the Pit Stop season opener on April 6th. I’ve already converted the wheeler back to outdoor mode. New oils and some geometry changes. I haven’t done anything to the T6.4 yet cause I’m gonna run it at the Factory Saturday for their season closer.

After dinner I’m going to have a glue session with some new tires.

Green sprinters and rehabs for the wheeler and green sprinters for the trucks.

IMG_3019.jpeg

I still need to re-pack the pit box with all the extra stuff I need for outdoor. Fans, extension cords, lighting for the EZ-up etc.

Also got a box of goodies today to fix the things I don’t like about the Tekno. Gonna be a busy couple of weeks!

That lil guy can drive. The whole family comes out mom dad sisters every one of them is good.
I watch a bit of YT, so I know that there are a lot of youngins out there with simply amazing skills and talents. Just giving you a hard time because that's what I do here you're a giant 🙂

IMG_3023.jpeg

Actually I usually get up at 3:00am so this is sleeping in 🛌.

Season closer for The Factory today. I only brought a minimum kit. I only plan to run the T6.4 but I brought the B74 for pictures when they do the points awards. (Got impatient and did the dirt setup already) I just have a backpack with my charger and some drivers, camber and ride height gauges, and my radio. The rest of my pit stuff is all spread out in the basement so I can re-pack with all the extra stuff I need for outdoor. Hope it’s enough! 🤞

View attachment 185667
Actually I usually get up at 3:00am so this is sleeping in 🛌.

Season closer for The Factory today. I only brought a minimum kit. I only plan to run the T6.4 but I brought the B74 for pictures when they do the points awards. (Got impatient and did the dirt setup already) I just have a backpack with my charger and some drivers, camber and ride height gauges, and my radio. The rest of my pit stuff is all spread out in the basement so I can re-pack with all the extra stuff I need for outdoor. Hope it’s enough! 🤞

Good luck and have fun!

Rough day today for racing… they did a full layout change last weekend so 90% of the guys there had a real head start on me. It was really technical. But, I did get my trophy for the points series so it wasn’t all bad!

3D79833F-B1D1-4916-A093-93178AAF0B3A.jpeg

IMG_3030.jpeg

Now to get everything prepped for opening day at Pit Stop! Gonna throw the ball diff in the T6.4 and rebuild the shocks. I already have my tires sorted, I have to pack up the pit box and clean the EZ-UP. Can’t wait for some outdoor activities!

Back