The Barnfab race blog thread.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Opening day at Pit Stop was fun! I didn’t do very well position wise but I made a lot of improvement over the course of the day. The rhythm section was my nemesis. I just couldn’t get through it cleanly until the mains. With the wheeler I got through the whole 8 minute main with only one marshaling. Still slow but clean. The mini truggy was another story lol. Learning a new track and a brand new build… I was chasing setup all day. Conditions were less than ideal too. It was cold and really windy. The 2wd SCT’s were getting blown off course. I was able to catch some cool short videos when I had some downtime in the pits.

Looking forward to next time. Probably three weeks.

Edit to add: @hood52 I was hitting the triple with the truggy pretty regularly! Been wanting to clear that thing for a while now.

Last edited:
Yea they really keep it nice. The owner is real cool and track crew know what they’re doing. Next time I’m bringing my little bbq grill to make some lunch that’s better than sandwiches from the gas station nearby. 😂
Heck yeah!

Or marshal 🤔🤣

Racing requires to much fussing with the car to get it tuned perfect for the track, I'm far to lazy for that.
For me. I usually stick around stock kit setups. Since I had a dirt spec kit, for carpet racing I had some things to change. But I just recently switched back to almost stock kit setup on my car and it was driving great when I was at Beach RC. You also have ESC and radio and motor tuning / adjustments as well. My uncle's older XB4 from Xray, he changed nothing from the stock kit setup. He says it's dialled, for him, out of the box. Obviously for carpet. But for dirt, all that he did was add ride height and sent it. Not the most ideal but it worked. Trying to get him to fix up his car and get new batteries. Recommending the cheap CHNL ones for him as they are the cheapest out there for the quality. He is a carpet guy. But I'll try to drag him to race indoor dirt.

Or marshal 🤔🤣
You really want @Doom! out there?! I would let him be the waterboy
Screenshot_20240406_220253.jpg

Back