Anyone here race dirt oval?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BarnFabRC

RCTalk Talkaholic
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
Just found out that there’s a dirt oval track under an hour from me. I’m going this weekend to scope it out. Hoagland RC speedway. They’re hosting a nationals race this weekend. If it’s cool I’m probably gonna try to throw a car together. I have an RB10 that I’ve been racing at Pitstop Hobbies off road track. I like it but I sort of wish it was 4wd. Maybe build an RC10B74.1D for that and put a street stock body on the RB10? IDK, I’m just rambling cause I’m up too late. 😂
IMG_2302.jpeg

The B74.1 will be a much better car for the offroad track. I love mine. Racing it on mostly carpet so I changed lots of things setup wise. But I do switch between blue groove clay (The Track in Gburg) and Hard Pack clay (Beach RC for vaca - Myrtle Beach) so I got some stuff for that. One thing to note, still learning more about the car, how I can make it better, drive better and everything. This was my first kit and first 4wd car so it was a bit getting used too. Now I am struggling a bit switching from 4wd 1/10 to 2wd 1/16 if racing the B74 and Mini B on the same night. Lol. Back earlier this year, my driving was poor, and I broke some stuff. Now since I now the car, traction, track, and I drive more better, I haven't broken anything on the car since April so that is super amazing for me. Huge step up from the Mini B (which I do for fun, not competitive) and Traxxas 2wd bashers (which I was trying to get them tuned up for the tracks, too much time and money, leaving them as bashers, might sell them so I got some money, and maybe another race kit in the future, or better basher)

The RB10 might be a ok car for oval? Compare the RB10 to the SR10? Setup wise, parts wise?

The B74.1 will be a much better car for the offroad track. I love mine. Racing it on mostly carpet so I changed lots of things setup wise. But I do switch between blue groove clay (The Track in Gburg) and Hard Pack clay (Beach RC for vaca - Myrtle Beach) so I got some stuff for that. One thing to note, still learning more about the car, how I can make it better, drive better and everything. This was my first kit and first 4wd car so it was a bit getting used too. Now I am struggling a bit switching from 4wd 1/10 to 2wd 1/16 if racing the B74 and Mini B on the same night. Lol. Back earlier this year, my driving was poor, and I broke some stuff. Now since I now the car, traction, track, and I drive more better, I haven't broken anything on the car since April so that is super amazing for me. Huge step up from the Mini B (which I do for fun, not competitive) and Traxxas 2wd bashers (which I was trying to get them tuned up for the tracks, too much time and money, leaving them as bashers, might sell them so I got some money, and maybe another race kit in the future, or better basher)

The RB10 might be a ok car for oval? Compare the RB10 to the SR10? Setup wise, parts wise?
AFIK the RB10 and SR10 are the same chassis. Probably some different setups, wheels, bumpers etc. That’s what led me to my thought process. Now I’m a bit torn, evidently there’s a new off-road track (Park Lane Hobbies) having their inaugural race this weekend too. 40 minutes in the opposite direction 🤦‍♂️. I guess that’s a good problem to have. 😂 looks like they’ll have an indoor setup as well for the winter. They had an FB post showing brand new carpet laid down in their new storefront! Now that gets me excited and my wallet scared!

Back