Team Associated B74.1D 4WD Buggy build

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_20230120_184739_271.jpg

Redid the body Velcro and all the wires are tucked in. Buggy is basically all ready to go.

Went down to the hobby shop and got these chassis protectors. He only had 2wd cars In stock and they were older models too since he doesn't make them anymore. (BACH was the old carpet track) so the one I put on was for a B6 2wd car. Also got another one too. Fits ok. Didn't get some of the corners but that's ok. If it protects the majority of the chassis I am fine.

PXL_20230124_003509316.jpg

PXL_20230124_002706889.jpg

Cool,
View attachment 158779
Redid the body Velcro and all the wires are tucked in. Buggy is basically all ready to go.
Cool build, I have a B74.1 myself it used be my dad's before he sold to me for 500 bucks. Here's a pic of it.
20211011_143539.jpg

It has a Hobbywing Xerun XR10 Justock old version with a Reedy S-Plus 13.5 Turn Sensored Brushless setup, The servo was a Savox SB-2263MG-CE Brushless Metal gear high speed servo, the Radio system is a Futaba T4PM 2.4Ghz transmitter paired to a R334SBS Super Response Receiver. and i have 2 batteries to run it an SMC 4,100Mah 2s 7.4V LIPO Battery and an older Pro-Tek 4,600Mah 2S 7.6V LIHV Battery. It has Schumacher front and rear carpet tires since that's the surface i race it on
I can't remember what gearing it's running it's been awhile since i checked. It doesn't get much use these days since my dad's busy with work and school currently so we don't go to the track as often so it just sits hanging on the wall in the garage most of the time.

Hi, (been a while...)
Cool build CJSR... Looks like a spec (13,5T) set up. I like the cut rear open wing for carpet.
We don't have inside carpet 1/10 raceway in my area. I would like to try. (but we have 1/8 outside carpet and I love it...)
Keep going
PL

Hi, (been a while...)
Cool build CJSR... Looks like a spec (13,5T) set up. I like the cut rear open wing for carpet.
We don't have inside carpet 1/10 raceway in my area. I would like to try. (but we have 1/8 outside carpet and I love it...)
Keep going
PL
It is a 13.5T setup, the wing on mine needs to be replaced someday but i've been cheap and lazy so i haven't replaced it yet. I wish i had an 1\8 Outside dirt\clay track where i live but i don't unfortunately. It only gets use when me and my dad go to 405 RC Raceways in OKC. Thanks for your comment.
gosh i want one of these.

but i am a basher. i would race, but tracks are none-existent here. might just have to build my own (ugh)
I'm a basher too but i also to race with my dad at the track when we go there. Sorry you don't have any tracks where you are hope one gets built someday.

Last edited:
I wish i had an 1\8 Outside dirt\clay track where i live but i don't unfortunately. It only gets use when me and my dad go to 405 RC Raceways in OKC. Thanks for your comment.
No problem.
1/8 carpet track (football turf) is still magic during summer but I did also a couple of 1/10 buggy laps too;

193901361_112277014389487_196457614552955092_n (2).jpg
IMG_5304.JPG

The carpet track size is pretty good for 1/10 buggys and a good prep for the inside 1/10 track race season (begins october 7)
PL

No problem.
1/8 carpet track (football turf) is still magic during summer but I did also a couple of 1/10 buggy laps too;

View attachment 171629View attachment 171630

The carpet track size is pretty good for 1/10 buggys and a good prep for the inside 1/10 track race season (begins october 7)
PL
Cool, My local track is only good 1\10 2wd and 4wd buggy's and somewhat 2wd stadium trucks. i tried running short course trucks but there too big for the track and it's very hard on them due to being an indoor track. I mostly bash with my free time i've been working on my XO-1 and my Rlaarlo AK-917.

Back