Soldier in Iraq needs a Radio Frequency chart to get TMAXX rolling

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ppl need something to do while over there and if its rcs more power to them..i mean come on u never seen the movie jarhead.....look how bored them dudes were let them do what the fiddlesticks they want because its not ur ass over there.

If it's any help, you could also pull the crystals from each of your transmitters and show them since they are the actual frequency you're running on. Hope this helps.

If it's any help, you could also pull the crystals from each of your transmitters and show them since they are the actual frequency you're running on. Hope this helps.

and u can buy different crystals so you and your buddys can run together if yall has the same

Hey thanks for everyone that has helped me out with this. When I got off of mission today I was shocked to read what joneser4u had posted. I mean, really??? Here is something to smoke on joneser. First, you have no idea what I go through over here, nor do I care to let you know. I will tell you this is my 3rd time and that I take complete pride in serving my country. Second, What I do in my time off here has nothing to do with you at all. I think with what I do every day here and have done for a combined 2.5 years as of this month earns me the right to do whatever the hell I please. As long as I am conducting myself in a military manner. And, thanks for reminding me that I have family back home. Because hell, if I WAS home I'd damn sure be spending time with my 2 little girls and my wife. Not bashing American Soldiers on a web site like you are doing. But, thank you for reminding me that I have family back home. Next, don't talk about IED's, enemy tactics or anything like that unless you really know what you're talking about. You have no clue to where I am or what it's like here. If there was the slightest chance that R/C cars would have an impact on a military mission it would be stated in our General Order to not have them. Next, I don't think its right to post another soldiers email on the web. Certainly considering the nature of it. Lastly, enjoy your right to say what you please, drive safely to work, not worry about mortars at night, seeing your family as you please and enjoying millions of other wonderful things that Americans get to everyday. Glad to be protecting that for you. Again, thanks everyone else that has helpedout. I turned in the freq. chart today to my chain of command. I should be good to go. Will let you all know as soon as I do.

GOD BLESS AMERICA!

Let us know when you are up and running, you got a bashing site picked out yet? When I was in Kuwait we had a track that L3 and a couple of other contractors built, we also had a nice little ravine to jump out of. Keep a couple of air filters handy and a fuel filter wouldn't hurt either. Good luck and God bless.

SSG M

ummm maybe you might trigger an ied? how many other wars have soldiers been allowed to play with rc cars and ride atvs(<- another forum I'm on) no wonder this war has lasted so long.

you would think that with any free time you may have you would spend it chatting with family and freinds you may never see again? idk thats what i would be doing if i were there with free time.

You have an absolute valid point, unfortunately those who have not been here can not get a clear understanding of what is was like. I was in the military 14 years and felt fairly certain I knew what to expect getting in a combat theater for the first time. Fact is, i had no clue, only the training required to face new situations on a regular basis and react in a smart and timely manner. Now, on my second tour here doing the same job, it is still as new and fluid as the first day i set foot in this country. The fight we have here, as you should well know, is not cold war era force on force. It's a dynamic battlefield that changes every day. All we can do is our job and do it well within the limits set forth by our commanders and the very leaders we voted into office.

Very long days in very long weeks wears everyone here out. We need our down time to recage just like most people back home look forward to that friday night beer with buddies or a dinner with the wife. Except there is NONE of that here. We have each other. Our families wait at home not knowing what the next day is going bring for us over here any more than we know ourselves. For many families, the stress and burden of the unknown is too hard a strain and relationships fall apart, new and seasoned alike. Talking to family is critical and so is sleep. Many times you can do neither. Being able to take 30minutes of time out in the middle of the day, when awaiting to go on mission, awaiting the next convoy, awaiting orders, awaiting a mortar, or even waiting for a phone; and just bust out the buggy for a while to take your mind of the pressure of everday operations is invaluable to not only the person on the controller but pretty much everyone around. I can imagine since you are on this forum you too enjoy rc and can relate to level of preoccupation this hobby can bring as well as venting a little stress on helpless electronics. I can also tell based on your last posting that the subject hits a little closer to home than a few here may have originally given you credit. I can assure you my mother, father, wife, sons, friends and neighbors would all love to get daily phone calls to hear i'm still alive and doing well but that just isn't feasable. Even if I had my own phone in my pocket, i would not likely call home more than 3 or 4 times a week. hearing the sadness in families' voices and kids asking how much longer till you get back really takes it's toll. It's depressing, no way around it. It also reminds you of your own mortality and something that if too much time is spent dwelling upon, one would become pretty much combat ineffective. We need to stay sharp, and ready able to be on attack, defense or both simultaneously at a moments notice, with focus on what is going here to ensure we get those long overdue hugs and kisses when we leave. We are soldiers, we work hard, fight hard and when able we play hard. When we're done, we leave for home with pride and sense of accomplishment, not necessarily because 'the war's over' or we killed some bad guys or survived an IED or mortar, but what we do for each other; as a team, as a unit, as the worlds greatest combat power! We mourn our losses in our own way and own time, and we rejoice our victories together and with anyone that will listen.

so yes sir, some electronic devices are used to trigger ied's, delay time launch rockets, blow up dozens of innocent people by things ranging from cell phones to egg timers. But this whole country still calls each other and cooks eggs. The soldiers here do call home, but not every minute they don't have the enemy in their sights. and no matter how many times you hear One individual's story or situation, it does not mean it applies to the thousands of soldiers over here facing the exact same situation or a completely different one. It is what it is to each and every soldier here and no two experiences are exactly the same. But one thing that is the same, we all need a little time once in a while to just plain screw off and blow off steam. For many of us, it's beating the hell out of little toy trucks. I thank you for you oppinion, your apparent personal sacrifice and more importantly just taking an interest in what we do here. Like what we do or not, I'm just glad you have something to say about it. That's why I'm here.

Last edited:
A bit out of place since I don't always welcome new faces. I would like to take a moment to extend a warm welcome to all our brothers overseas who have taken time to join the site and share their thoughts.

Welcome to RCNT and Thank You for your service! Godspeed! :cheers:

good point, getting back on track

I may have mentioned to you on yahoo....or thought i did, but my buddies down there already have the frequencies cleared through the airfield manager for both air and ground freq's, just get in touch with the poc i gave you to get the information he already aquired and give it to your command. they'll feel a whole lot better when they see your not trying to re-invent the wheel over there and that it's already taken care of.