Soldier in Iraq needs a Radio Frequency chart to get TMAXX rolling

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iraxxas

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Hey everyone. Well, I'm pretty new to this site, as well as R/Cing. Just got a TMAXX 3.3. So, I've been shut down by my chain of command until I can provide a chart that states the frequencies that R/C cars operate with. I've been told be several other soldiers here that it would not effect any aircraft or UAVs. But, still before my self and other soldiers here at this base can get our nitros rolling we have to provide this. I was hoping that someone here may know a web site that has all of this. :radio:

what type of radio do you have? am, fm dsm, etc..

well, i don't actually have the truck yet. it will be here any day now. the news kind of got out that a bunch of us have ordered trucks. so the chain of command just wants to ensure that we won't be effecting any missions. so, i'm just looking for a chart that shows what the majority of R/C trucks and cars operate on. mainly because i don't know what everyone else is getting so i want to cover the entire range if that's possible.

cha-ching

Frequencies

BTW if you ordered a Tmaxx it will come with the TQ3 which is in the 27mhz range, I dont know about the others because there is the 75mhz range which I know my JR stuff operates in it is synthesized FM. Hope that helps

Last edited:
correct me if I'm wrong but are insurgents not using rc car remote/transmitters to blow up IEDs? i know they also use cellphones and other means.

Why does it matter what they use? Some other soldiers and I are just trying to enjoy our time off. If you can help that would be great.

You should be safe enough with the freqs. We had a track in Camp Arifjan and I know there was one in Udari next to the airfield.

I've been talking to a few pilots here and they all say the same thing. But I still have to submit something that states the range of freqs. we will be using. Do you know any websites?

Hey I think I found what I need. Can someone here please verify that this is what I need. Here is the link to a site I found that has them. I believe it's the 27MHZ and the 75MHZ that operate on the ground:

http://rcvehicles.about.com/gi/dyna...zu=http://www.futabarc.com/faq/frequency.html

If someone that really knows this stuff can let me know that would help a lot. Thanks in advance.

SGT G

Between that and what syphon68 put up you ought to have everything pretty well covered.

I've been talking to a few pilots here and they all say the same thing. But I still have to submit something that states the range of freqs. we will be using. Do you know any websites?

Hey I think I found what I need. Can someone here please verify that this is what I need. Here is the link to a site I found that has them. I believe it's the 27MHZ and the 75MHZ that operate on the ground:

http://rcvehicles.about.com/gi/dyna...zu=http://www.futabarc.com/faq/frequency.html

If someone that really knows this stuff can let me know that would help a lot. Thanks in advance.

SGT G
I posted a link on the second post that is the info that you need.....

Why does it matter what they use? Some other soldiers and I are just trying to enjoy our time off. If you can help that would be great.

ummm maybe you might trigger an ied? how many other wars have soldiers been allowed to play with rc cars and ride atvs(<- another forum I'm on) no wonder this war has lasted so long.

you would think that with any free time you may have you would spend it chatting with family and freinds you may never see again? idk thats what i would be doing if i were there with free time.

how many other wars have soldiers been allowed to play with rc cars and ride atvs no wonder this war has lasted so long.

you would think that with any free time you may have you would spend it chatting with family and freinds you may never see again? idk thats what i would be doing if i were there with free time.

You are WAY out of line joneser!Freedom is not free.You need to respect the men and women that serve and be thankful they do it.Know your role and shut your hole!

ok sorry if it sounded mean or hatefull? thats not how i ment it.

was trieng to explain why he was having trouble getting to use his radio for his rc

You are WAY out of line joneser!Freedom is not free.You need to respect the men and women that serve and be thankful they do it.Know your role and shut your hole!

and i dont appreciate the know my role and shut my hole BS either

Last edited:
Here you go, a close family friend of mine sent me this email at 8:30pm last night. she is stationed in Iraq as RN at one of the army portable hospitals. Sorry if the language offends anyone but I am just pasting this from the email, the only thing I left off were here name and Rank so she wouldn't get in trouble. She is scheduled to be home February 2nd and we can't wait. we are all wondering if she will be OK mentally after she gets back.

Hey guys,
I just wanted to let you know that I am okay! I was hoping I could get to
you faster than the media did. The CSH was attacked Christmas morning at
1000AM. 4 morters landed. One right across from my room. Knocked me on the
floor. As soon as all the missles died down I went outside and found a good
surgeon and good friend of mine on the ground. Started doing cpr, but he was
already fading fast. Shrapnel went through his head. So the three of us
carried him into the ER. He didnt make it. Another DOC had shrapnel wounds
all down his right leg. Isnt going to loose it tho. They saved it in the OR,
And Dr. Naclerio just has minor head wounds. It has been a very sad day. I
can't stop crying. Hopefully that was the last fiddlesticked up thing I had to see
until i leave here.These fuckers are so evil. To attacked a csh on christmas
morning. So anyways, all of our chus are fiddlesticked up. I got a bunch of
shrapnel going through my chu, but crazy enough, absolutely NONE hit me. So
please if you guys are with your familys, say a prayer for Dr. Prayor, the
bad ass from NYC. They have been trying for the past 15 months to nail us,
and they finally did. Thank god I'm going home soon! Love you all.
love,b

V/R,

Hey Joneser, if you don't know the situation there, maybe you should shut the hell up! They will be bashing their R/Cs on post, not outside the wire. Unless he is on a small FOB (forward operating base) the bases have some pretty decent security with 24 hr air cover. Granted it doesn't stop mortars but does a good job of keeping people from planting IEDs inside the wire where they could hurt some one.

uhhh ya OK.

WTF!

Last edited:
WTF yourself, you came in and attacked a fellow soldier without having any knowledge of what was going on. The man is trying to blow off steam in a pressure cooker, can't you allow him that?

I said i was sorry if i sounded rude, it wasn't intended to be and that was way before you even replied. thats WTF!

i didnt attack anyone? I was telling him WHY he had to have all the frequencies. because there has never been a war where soldiers brought toy cars.

if thats an attack, well? idk

makes more sense than sampling the local "talent" like has been done in all past wars