Need a radio for a older tmaxx

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

downtime89

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hey guys somehow lost my radio for my older tmaxx while it was in storage, i have never bought a radio seperate before always used stock machines/equipment, how do i go about replacing it, i just want a cheap simple radio with all the functions the original had such as reverse and idle speed adjustment. I am really looking for a cheaper one nothing expensive/pro just something to control it with. crystal says rx.27.255mhz. Thanks! New to this site btw so if i am asking a popular question please forgive me.

Rolex is right, don't go back to the crystals. A friend of mine just bought the 2.4 by turnigy because he didn't want to spend much. I have to say, it's a super radio for the cost. And the range on it is ridiculous. The fm is so much better, that's why you can almost find someone giving them away.

Not cheaper than $39.95.

I have an extra 2.4ghz Traxxas tqi 2ch I can sell ya for about $20 but you will need the receiver.

The 2 channel traxxas wont work, needs a 3 channel.

The gt3b is very nice and functional for the price, you can't beat it for $40. The gt3c is the newest version which is also very nice for the money. VERY cheap to add rx's too.

So the controller listed above will work? sorry for late responses guys been at work. Will that controller have the option to put my truck into reverse? I wouldnt worry about that but were i drive it, it tends to get stuck lol if so what am i looking for that puts it into reverse?

question has been answered :) thanks slowngreen!

Back