Bashing videos from 07/15/2020 and 07/25/2020, big block revo and others.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olds97_lss

RCTalk VIP
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
07/15/2020 Outcast:

07/15/2020 BB Revo:
Haven't driven this truck since late 2017. Bumped the spur up to a 40T and replaced the 3.8 chevrons with 3.8 trenchers. Snapped off a rocker post. Didn't notice when I put the tires on that I had the front lower pushrods mounted in the tallest hole. :(

07/25/2020: ERBEv2
Busted my center trough skid/cover for the 3rd time. Just finished installing an integy alloy one and making a new titanium rear skid protector. The broken trough allowed the chassis to flex enough to bow both of my lipo's. They still seem ok. Hoping the alloy trough cover doesn't make it too stiff. Time will tell.

07/25/2020: eJato
Got a new set of tires for the rear to help with the lack of grip on grass... it gets silly grip now with the Duratrax Faze MT's. I was looking for a set of 12mm 1/2" offset Stakkers, but ended up with these hoping they would grip well... made it tough to drive. Ended up busting the front bulkhead and snapping a hinge pin I think.

07/25/2020: BB Revo
Changed my suspension a bit. Took out the heavier blue/purple springs, moved the lower rod ends to the center hole, replaced the oil with 70wt front/80wt rear and put on RC Raven dual rate springs. Seemed to make it a lot less bouncy and didn't have any suspension damage after quite a few big jumps and bad crashes.

07/15/2020 Outcast:

07/15/2020 BB Revo:
Haven't driven this truck since late 2017. Bumped the spur up to a 40T and replaced the 3.8 chevrons with 3.8 trenchers. Snapped off a rocker post. Didn't notice when I put the tires on that I had the front lower pushrods mounted in the tallest hole. :(

07/25/2020: ERBEv2
Busted my center trough skid/cover for the 3rd time. Just finished installing an integy alloy one and making a new titanium rear skid protector. The broken trough allowed the chassis to flex enough to bow both of my lipo's. They still seem ok. Hoping the alloy trough cover doesn't make it too stiff. Time will tell.

07/25/2020: eJato
Got a new set of tires for the rear to help with the lack of grip on grass... it gets silly grip now with the Duratrax Faze MT's. I was looking for a set of 12mm 1/2" offset Stakkers, but ended up with these hoping they would grip well... made it tough to drive. Ended up busting the front bulkhead and snapping a hinge pin I think.

07/25/2020: BB Revo
Changed my suspension a bit. Took out the heavier blue/purple springs, moved the lower rod ends to the center hole, replaced the oil with 70wt front/80wt rear and put on RC Raven dual rate springs. Seemed to make it a lot less bouncy and didn't have any suspension damage after quite a few big jumps and bad crashes.
That sound though (bbrevo). Also what is that place? Those moguls are amazing?

That sound though (bbrevo). Also what is that place? Those moguls are amazing?
It's a public grass bmx track I found on google maps a year or so ago. It's about an hour drive then a little over an 1/8th mile walk from where I can park. Sucks when I get there and see they haven't mowed in a while as it just causes everything to run too hot and saps away all the speed.

I think if I take the BB revo there again, I might drop the bell down to a 14T... which is far too low for first gear, but will help hit the jumps faster in 2nd.

Back