So who burned some nitro today?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Burned a tank at this dirt track on the way home from work. Tires are new and what an improvement compared to the worn out pins. Did a quick sweep off of dirt and dust. This drop in motor has been working better since I put the carb from the past motor onto it. Could use a new header and pipe.
Is that a nitro Rustler?

Looks a lot like a nitro rustler but I was like something seems off. I havent seen a nitro rustler in about 10 years tho so I couldnt remember for sure :)

Ran my Protek-Samurai R03 8ightX Elite in the yard for a few tanks to tinker and tune. Then I gave her a bath. Now we wait for club racing to begin at my "home track."

These OS-based engines under the Protek flag are pretty solid. I'd rather run my Italian engines but there seems to be a supply chain issue right now for parts.

I might put this R03 in the 8XT, and get the Protek S03 in the buggy, not unless I can wait for the Flash Point version of a .21 OS engine will come in. I hear they come with 21J carburetors, which is all the rage with the OS guys.

IMG_9858.JPG

Looks like some of the ballfields around here, all overgrown and unused.

Looks like some of the ballfields around here, all overgrown and unused.
its some sort of a mini BMX track/rythm section, its fun to run on but is slightly small. there used to be a real BMX race track that they were going to renovate, at the time was really into BMX and active in trying to get it renovated, they tore it down to start fresh, then as soon as it got bulldozed they went into another planning phase after it was already planned out, and within a week or so "ran out of funds" and sold the property... i digress though, is a great little spot to bash.
going to be bummed a bit when they finally use the wood chips to lay around the on the top soil XD

its some sort of a mini BMX track/rythm section, its fun to run on but is slightly small. there used to be a real BMX race track that they were going to renovate, at the time was really into BMX and active in trying to get it renovated, they tore it down to start fresh, then as soon as it got bulldozed they went into another planning phase after it was already planned out, and within a week or so "ran out of funds" and sold the property... i digress though, is a great little spot to bash.
going to be bummed a bit when they finally use the wood chips to lay around the on the top soil XD

Oh, ok, I thought I saw bases on there or something. I hate losing spots to run on, but luckily there's a lot of good places around me. I still contemplate buying some unbuildable lot(we have quite a few just to the north of where I live) and making a track. Most of the lots are wooded and would need clearing of the trees though.

Did my first club race with my Truggy at a-Main. Qualifying went well but an axle set screw decided to throw legs and roll away during the main.

I'll check the thread locker more often next time.

Fixed my Losi XXX NT Sport. This thing is an amazing little machine. Easily ran 2 tanks. I also ran a tank through my AE. Both of these trucks seem and look the same. However they drive and handle so differently compared to each other.

Attachments

• 20210510_162124_HDR.jpg
    20210510_162124_HDR.jpg
    486.5 KB · Views: 75
  • 20210510_162140_HDR.jpg
    20210510_162140_HDR.jpg
    506.1 KB · Views: 72
Fixed my Losi XXX NT Sport. This thing is an amazing little machine. Easily ran 2 tanks. I also ran a tank through my AE. Both of these trucks seem and look the same. However they drive and handle so differently compared to each other.

You got an RC rack in your car.....:hehe:....:thumbs-up:

Burning the nitro tomorrow.

Just for laughs... how do you guys think this will do?

IMG_9964.jpg

I don't think the neighbors were too thrilled about me tuning my REDS Scuderia Gen 2 Truggy on the street today.

Switched to Bones 30% nitro/8% oil to 25% nitro/8% oil. Not much difference performance wise to my amateur eyes but was able to tune the low end/idle much easier.

Now I'm off of work for a while I hope to go through the whole case soon! :D :D :D