So who burned some nitro today?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have gotten a new Exceed Rally Monster Nitro (Nothing special, I know.) and I'm going through the lengthy break in process on it. It's supposed to rain the next few days, but I hope to finally take it out for a spin this weekend. The ground here is so flat and boring and get this- There is no public rc tracks here. None at all. Zero.
I'd love to see it in action!

So with sad news. I burned my last 2 tanks yesterday. Wife basically said its me or your RCs. Side note to what set that off. I was making a deal for another RC10 GT without her knowledge so that was the last straw.
She made me clear my RC garage out. I got to keep my EMaxx (boo) but everything else had to go. She didnt see why did I need more than one or why I "obsess" over them. Before I sold the GT I had one last hooray. Hope in time and short period of time I can be back with a RC10GT. Such a sad Valentine weekend. Not to sure still if I made the right choice.
Sad times. Did you let her have a spin on one of them? I had a grumpy neighbour tell me to drive my nitro somewhere else, then I handed him the controller. He changed his mind. Just an idea.

I didnt ask her to drive my car. Should have. Lately though I have gotten my old EMaxx going and I let her rip it around. She was amazed and she said she understands why I like RC. I have gotten myself a RC10 GT. This truck came with 2 parts truck so ultimately I have 3 RC10s now. The one that works is in major need of TLC. Getting close to be able to drive around.

I didnt ask her to drive my car. Should have. Lately though I have gotten my old EMaxx going and I let her rip it around. She was amazed and she said she understands why I like RC. I have gotten myself a RC10 GT. This truck came with 2 parts truck so ultimately I have 3 RC10s now. The one that works is in major need of TLC. Getting close to be able to drive around.
That's totally awesome! Glad you two figured it out.

I want to thank Uncle Joe for letting me buy a TLR 8XT and a REDS Scuderia 721 Gen 2.

First/Second Start. Break In Tank 1

Edit: Yes, I know. It started lean. I fattened it up after the video ended. :)

Last edited:
Should have done pictures. Next time. Did a full tear down and return to stock with my servos and carb settings and brake adjustment as well as set my suspension up correctly. Long story short I got to burn through 2 very fun tanks of nitro. Still need to adjust my idle or my brake for when I am at idle. Wants to run. All and all very good day with the tune up and suspension adjustment.

I want to thank Uncle Joe for letting me buy a TLR 8XT and a REDS Scuderia 721 Gen 2.

First/Second Start. Break In Tank 1

Edit: Yes, I know. It started lean. I fattened it up after the video ended. :)

Very, very nice engine :D

You guys know I'm new to racing. Met some more experienced racers and good to know that the 1/8 scale nitro race culture is pretty chill.

Burned about half a gallon at the track today. Worked on brake settings for a tight little track.

Slowly but surely getting faster laps (does that make sense?) and confident enough to hit the triples!

will ferrell comedy GIF

Burned a heck of a lot of fuel this weekend. I am working with a guy who is putting on an event on May 15th, that is a monster truck race in tournament style format. I have been helping him come up with a track design. Gonna post some details up in the next day or so. It will be taking place near Taneytown, Maryland.

Man that pipe on the straightaway came out of nowhere.
IMG_9607.JPG

Only casualty was a hinge pin and a pill.

Ran the TMaxx today. Now with 3.3 almost done with break in. Ran the nitro RS4 I just picked up too. No video of that.

So a particular company from Italy seems to be having trouble getting carburetor parts to North America, so I had to get a Japanese engine. This is her second heat cycle.

I have a feeling it might be too much for the buggy, and will have to go into the truggy.

ran the new to me DTX Street Force GP over the weekend, still really rich all around, but slowly getting it dialed in.

Nice little run ,I use to have one ,it would keep up with the Traxxas 4-tec!..:thumbs-up:
very fun little car for sure! swapped out the shocks all around on it, wanted a bit more length in the front because how it sat stock the front was really close to the ground, so got some 5mm longer (60mm eye to eye length instead of 55mm), sits about perfectly flat with a touch of nose down. was really awesome hearing the 2nd gear shift! needing more room to really see what its got though.

very fun little car for sure! swapped out the shocks all around on it, wanted a bit more length in the front because how it sat stock the front was really close to the ground, so got some 5mm longer (60mm eye to eye length instead of 55mm), sits about perfectly flat with a touch of nose down. was really awesome hearing the 2nd gear shift! needing more room to really see what its got though.

They are scary at full WOT once the second gear kicks in ,a whole different beast at those
speeds in close quarters where there is curbs & stuff ,when they hit something at those
speeds ,parts fly every where!...:hehe:

The real question here I believe is Why? Why didnt you burn Nitro today? Since I got a Nitro truck again I have gone through a tank at least a day. That was St. Pats day. Granted I have mechanical issues that may keep me down. Which in case I run my electric truck. So in short I have gone 2 tanks already and there is still 6 hours of light left. What are you doing?

Burned a tank at this dirt track on the way home from work. Tires are new and what an improvement compared to the worn out pins. Did a quick sweep off of dirt and dust. This drop in motor has been working better since I put the carb from the past motor onto it. Could use a new header and pipe.

Attachments

• 20210422_072109.jpg
    20210422_072109.jpg
    308.1 KB · Views: 64