So, What R/C Did You Run Today?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Hammer Down They are fun aren't they? I made a landing pad, and made a small tower out of foamboard, like a tall building, and used it to practice landings on. It's crazy how much difference there is when your not getting the ground effect to land.

Last edited:
I tried flying helicopters on RF9, and, Man, it's hard! Maybe one of these days I'll get the desire and patience to learn to fly these things, but, for now, I'll stick to the simple 3 channels, gyro toys.
@Hammer Down They are fun aren't they? I made a landing pad, and made a small tower out of foamboard, like a tall building, and used it to practice landings on. It's crazy how much difference there is when your not getting the ground effect to land.
I just pretend the entire living room floor is a helipad 😁

The SCX24 C10 needed to play in the snow some, so today, we did just that!
Also, got to play in the snow today, was Reaper (SCX10III). I've been so side tracked with my mini rc that I haven't run any of my 1/10 crawlers for a few months. Well, it was really, really a blast playing with Reaper in the snow and ice. The best part was drawing tire track designs, all over last night's fresh layer of snow, on the frozen pond.
With a temp of only 11°F, everything was super dry. So, although the rigs were blasting through the snow, they finished the session nearly dry.
0111221507b.jpg
0111221503a.jpg
0111221554a.jpg
0111221556e.jpg
0111221559a.jpg

Stacked plywood on top of crates and crawed my 10.2 My pinion kept sliding up. Couple drops of locktite and a few more on yhe end of the pinion stoped that. 🤣🤣

Gonna swap motor and esc back as 50% forward isnt as entertaining.

Earlier this afternoon, I ran the SCX24 Jeep, with the motor/battery position swap, on the 2 home courses. It struggled on the more technical Cliff course. Perhaps, I just need to readjust my driving style with this rig. I'll have to play with it some more.

Had to pull her from the body shop before complete. Paint has been done over 4 weeks, and first run ot was peeling. I think this may be a defective body.

On the plus, these tires chirp and squeal, and beg for mercy. 🤣😁😁

Attachments

• 20220114_122215.jpg
    20220114_122215.jpg
    407.5 KB · Views: 21
I didn't run it but I am going to clean it up and give it to my sister. It is custom built using a SCX10 platform.
I've shown it before but one more pic before she takes off down the highway to my sisters house...;)

IMG_0206.JPG

It warmed up to a sweltering 8°F today, and the wind was howling? Meh. I layered on the heavy clothing and headed outside for a bit of crawling.
First up was my SCX24 Deadbolt, Redrum. Installed the new Injora motor, I got off Amazon, early this morning. I lost some top speed and punch, but gained a lot more torque. Which is what I'm mostly after. I'm happy with the performance of the new motor.
Next up, my SCX24 Jeep, Cheddah. It got a new diy bumper that greatly improved it's approached angle. Also, reinstalled tire foams to the front RC4WD Super Swampers. Happy with the new modifications on this rig as well!
Lastly, finally got the red Atlas out with it's new wooden bed and ESC fully settled in. The new ESC is not designed for crawling, but it still worked well and is much quieter than the stock one. It's a trifecta, I'm happy with this rig as well! 👍
Then I put some of the guys to work. Had them clear some of the snow from the property. 😃
0115221500c.jpg
0115221505c.jpg
0115221502b.jpg

Ran my Losi Lasernut and my Traxxas Maxx today. Literally fixed the right hub carrier on the Lasernut today and broke the left hub carrier today. Haha! It may be time for an aluminum upgrade. I like the car but it has literally broken every time I’ve taken it out. The Maxx on the other hand is a tank and is just a blast to run.

It warmed up to a sweltering 8°F today, and the wind was howling? Meh. I layered on the heavy clothing and headed outside for a bit of crawling.
First up was my SCX24 Deadbolt, Redrum. Installed the new Injora motor, I got off Amazon, early this morning. I lost some top speed and punch, but gained a lot more torque. Which is what I'm mostly after. I'm happy with the performance of the new motor.
Next up, my SCX24 Jeep, Cheddah. It got a new diy bumper that greatly improved it's approached angle. Also, reinstalled tire foams to the front RC4WD Super Swampers. Happy with the new modifications on this rig as well!
Lastly, finally got the red Atlas out with it's new wooden bed and ESC fully settled in. The new ESC is not designed for crawling, but it still worked well and is much quieter than the stock one. It's a trifecta, I'm happy with this rig as well! 👍
Then I put some of the guys to work. Had them clear some of the snow from the property. 😃
View attachment 140574View attachment 140573View attachment 140575

Cool deal, I know I'm entually going to upgrade the power plant on my Scx24's. Your the second person who has said positive things about the Injora motor.
Ran my Losi Lasernut and my Traxxas Maxx today. Literally fixed the right hub carrier on the Lasernut today and broke the left hub carrier today. Haha! It may be time for an aluminum upgrade. I like the car but it has literally broken every time I’ve taken it out. The Maxx on the other hand is a tank and is just a blast to run.
Doh! You have my kind of luck!

Between the weather and work. I haven't run anything but my fms atlas around the living room. It's an absolute beast. I'm having bashing withdraws 😂😂.

20220110_134507.jpg

After yesterday's gusty, 7°F day, today's calm, 17°F felt great! I played with a bunch of crawlers throughout the day.
Started things of the EazyRC Glacier, aka Chevy K10. Despite it's very long body, nearly non-existent approach/exit angles, minimal articulation, it's actually not that bad of a crawler!
Then, it was the EazyRC Patriot, aka Land Cruiser, turn to stretch it's legs. Once again, I'm really impressed at how well there's small scale rigs crawl on the ice and frozen snow terrain.
Finished the session with Redrum, my SCX24 Deadbolt. Still gitty on how much more torque the new Injora motor is giving out!

Later in the afternoon, I'd decided to head over to Peabody Town Forest for dinner action with my Redcat Scout, Jalapeno. Only a couple minutes the trail, it went to crawl up on its first rock, and losses power to the front wheels. The front drive shaft had separated, with one half on the ground, along with a bearing next to it. Looks like the screw that held the drive shaft gear, inside the pumpkin had worked it's way completely out.
Although my house was only 5 minutes away, I'd just decided to call it quits.
When I got home, I decided to wrench on Jalapeno another day. I then grabbed my now favorite crawler, Goblin (my other Deadbolt). It's sporting massive Scrambler tires, and has just about as impressive a wingspan between those tires. It crawls super smoothly over most scaled terrains and obstacles. I can't wait until I get a brushless power plant inside this tiny beast!
0116221449c.jpg
0116221446c.jpg
0116221448.jpg
0116221457b.jpg
0116221450a.jpg
0116221502.jpg
0116221504b.jpg

Sounds like a good day (minus the Jalapeno drive shaft). :thumbs-up: The glacier on ice is cool! Sorry some puns just can't be held in! 🤣

Shakedown runs for the R1E after completing upgrade power unit and RPM tranny install. Back and forth out front of the house. Nothing fell off or locked up. Good to go mechanically, anyway.

Recorded sessions of 18 and 20mph peak on confined runs. 60% power and barely a squeeze on the throttle. She wanted to slide the back-end braking. Adjusted braking down to 60%. That and using the ALB feature on the MX-V put paid to that issue. Really like the anti-lock braking. First time trying that.

Still have to break the code on setting up the HW ESC. Cannot toggle past Fwd/Bk run mode with either set-up button or HW Program Box. Weird. Then the GNSS would not transfer data for storage. Guessing not my day for electronics. Try again another day. Cheers. 'AC'

Attachments

• 20220117_143640_resize.jpg
    20220117_143640_resize.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 20
  • 20220117_150839_resize.jpg
    20220117_150839_resize.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 22
Last edited: