So, What R/C Did You Run Today?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SCX24 Deadbolt green
SCX24 Deadbolt red
SCX24 Jeep

Just testing different tires today.
How are the Deadbolts? Any issues out of the box? I’m planning on getting one to use in the winter.

Deadbolts are really good with heavier or weighted wheels.
I will probably get the Barrage motor (or HR 66t), motor plate, upgraded servo and wheel weights as the first upgrade when I get it.

My Mojave half EXB build in the house and garage a little bit after installing the center driveshafts to make sure everything ran smooth. Getting hammered with rain and snow so no test drive outside as I just ordered the body today.
20211208_133317.jpg

How are the Deadbolts? Any issues out of the box? I’m planning on getting one to use in the winter.
I've got four SCX24 now, and none have had any issues out of the box. With the exception of some brass parts and better wheels and tires, my red Deadbolt is still running stock after a year.
I will probably get the Barrage motor (or HR 66t), motor plate, upgraded servo and wheel weights as the first upgrade when I get it.
I'm still running the stock motor and servo on my 1 year old Deadbolt. I'm not a believer in immediate upgrade. If it works fine, then I will use it until it dies.
For first upgrades, I would recommend heavier wheels and RC4WD tires, and brass hex extensions. I would stay away from getting too tall of a tire, unless you're ready to add a lot more brass to lower the center of gravity.

Last edited:
SCX24 C10. Just did a quick late night crawl on the home courses, under head lamp. The RC4WD Patagonia tires and extra lcg weight of the RC4WD steel stamped wheels is really upping the C10's crawlability! There's a bit of body rub on extreme articulations, but it didn't bother me too, too much. I have no plans to trim this body for clearance purposes.

The other Rustler in the stable. Yesterday's R/C run, actually. Day late in getting the post up. Ran a pack through in front of the house. Changing Rusty over from a back yard grass track racer to a street basher. New install of a Reedy 17.5 FT and 600z power unit from the pit box. Surprised at how smooth it is. Made for a fun run. Be a good 'loaner' for when friends and family drop by for a run. This time of year is the best bashing in Houston. Temps are mild and humidity low. Cheers. 'AC'

Attachments

• 20211217_134139_Resize RCT.jpg
    20211217_134139_Resize RCT.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 45
The other Rustler in the stable. Yesterday's R/C run, actually. Day late in getting the post up. Ran a pack through in front of the house. Changing Rusty over from a back yard grass track racer to a street basher. New install of a Reedy 17.5 FT and 600z power unit from the pit box. Surprised at how smooth it is. Made for a fun run. Be a good 'loaner' for when friends and family drop by for a run. This time of year is the best bashing in Houston. Temps are mild and humidity low. Cheers. 'AC'
That thing looks like it just came out of the box!

Ha! Not bad for a twenty-year-old is she? Been my fallback truck, like, forever. Cheers. 'AC'

[ edit-tried quoting you, Xraycer, but I hosed something up. . . thanks for looking guys. . . ]

Last edited:
Ha! Not bad for a twenty-year-old is she? Been my fallback truck, like, forever. Cheers. 'AC'

[ edit-tried quoting you, Xraycer, but I hosed something up. . . thanks for looking guys. . . ]
On the post to want to quote, just hit the "+quote" button and then the orange "reply" button. The quote should appear in the reply box at the bottom of the page.

Charged and drive my 10.2 First time since June. Plopped a 40 Ilb dolley on and made her pull it up and down the 50 foot ramp, in rwd.

Quite impressed with it.

can't wiat for the 450. 🙈🙉🙊

It's been snowing here since early this afternoon. It's rather warm out, so everything landing on the pavement is turning to slush.
While hanging in my man-cave, wrenching and toying with my SCX24 fleet, I got the itch to run some rc in the snow! First up was the 1/18 front loader. Plowing and hauling slush around. The hard rubber tires had a bit of difficulty moving around the slick pavement.
After that very, very slow session, I wanted some speed! The LaTrax Rally was a blast zipping and drifting around the driveway. The car drove like it was made exactly for this condition. So much fun!
I guess I'm going to find out if this thing really is "waterproof". Shook off the snow and a few minutes with the leaf blower and it looks like an rc car again 😃
1218212118_Burst01.jpg
1218212116a.jpg

Last edited:
I wish you had a higher resolution pic of that Rustler. can't see any detail on it. Looks nice though.

Snow fun with the SCX24 Deadbolt (green) and the Jeep. The Jeep is now sporting RC4WD steel tires and Super Swamper Boggers.
Super impressed how well these rigs handles the ice and wet conditions! It hardly phased them. Even climbed the snow covered wooden bridge without much effort!
1219211246c.jpg
1219211243b.jpg

1219211251.jpg
1219211312a.jpg
1219211314b.jpg
1219211323a.jpg
1219211327a.jpg

LaTrax Rally
EazyRC Patriot
SCX24 Jeep

My order of 100 disc cones from Amazon came this evening. It was pitch black out and about 30°F but I really wanted to try 'em out. So, I set up my first on-road course for the LaTrax. I had a blast, so could only imagine it'll be even better during daylight hours!
Then I ran the Patriot through the Pond Course, and then the SCX24 Jeep through the challenging Cliff Course.
1221211908.jpg
1221211908a.jpg
1221211910a.jpg
1221211925a.jpg
1221211923a.jpg
1221211921b.jpg