So, What R/C Did You Run Today?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sometimes those electronics days can be quite frustrating.
Indeed they can, Doom! Indeed they can.

Following a quick Email exchange with HW Support today, isolated the problem. They were a big help in confirming the problem was not with their ESC.

Bad "Y-harness." NIB and bad. That's the worst kind. Anyway, grabbed a second one and program box worked A.O.K. PB connects to the fan port to adjust ESC settings. Use a "Y" so disconnecting the fan is not necessary to set the ESC. Yeah, I know, introducing a variable often causes more problems than it solves. Proved that to myself yet again. Good-to-go now though.

Lowered the punch on the ESC so she comes off the line softer. Less initial wheelspin popped a 22mph run, +2mph over yesterday. That's the upper limit of the space available here. R1E is now ready for the big show on an unconfined course.

Cheers. 'AC'

Cen 450 for my boat puller. Just swaped all the electronics out. Did some tuning and a couple burnouts around the house.

How long have you had the Jeep?

Was this the stock, plastic axle?
Over a year for the jeep. Many packs have hit lvc in that thing. I suspect the added traction and weight finally got me.
The Taco axle was the stock one. Plastic axle housing is fine, I broke the metal

I'm having more fun driving this on my train table then building the train.;)

IMG_0203.JPG

I went to the LRT yesterday and I ran my B74 + 2 stock Slash 2WD. But I spent the most of the time to wrench, wrench, and wrench the B74...

IMG_3833.JPG

Loose rods screws, pop up shock cap oil, replace oil shock, replace oil cap, broken steering servo, broken steering insert... my goodness ... :(

I went to the LRT yesterday and I ran my B74 + 2 stock Slash 2WD. But I spent the most of the time to wrench, wrench, and wrench the B74...

View attachment 140860

Loose rods screws, pop up shock cap oil, replace oil shock, replace oil cap, broken steering servo, broken steering insert... my goodness ... :(
Some days are like that. :wacky:

View attachment 140860

This is another reason I love crawling. I just don't miss the constant repair wrenching and damaged parts that comes with the speed.

Had the Maxx out today!! I adjusted the suspension for a more road friendly experience (since there is a ton of snow in my yard). What a blast on a slightly snowy road. The irises literally never stopped spinning. I went through a 4s battery in about 20 minutes. So much fun. Also had the Losi Lasernut out in the backyard. What a beast in the packed snow. Made a few jumps and a small track. It was great until I hit my kids swing set at a moderate to uncontrollable speed.🤣 Possibly broke an A arm and some steering steering knuckles. That’ll happen. Anywho… had a blast. Love it. Can’t wait to get some parts in and get back to ripping around.

Had the Maxx out today!! I adjusted the suspension for a more road friendly experience (since there is a ton of snow in my yard). What a blast on a slightly snowy road. The irises literally never stopped spinning. I went through a 4s battery in about 20 minutes. So much fun. Also had the Losi Lasernut out in the backyard. What a beast in the packed snow. Made a few jumps and a small track. It was great until I hit my kids swing set at a moderate to uncontrollable speed.🤣 Possibly broke an A arm and some steering steering knuckles. That’ll happen. Anywho… had a blast. Love it. Can’t wait to get some parts in and get back to ripping around.
We're looking to get over a foot of snow this weekend. I'm going to attempt to make a snow track in the backyard for my 1/18 truggies.

I've seen all the snow I want to see for awhile, although this is an hour from me and we only have about 6" .

IMG_0223.JPG

After clearing snow today, I made an "oval" race track, in the backyard. Later on, I tested out with first the DeeRC 1/18 MT. This little guy was just too fast for the slick, icy track. I needed something slower, but still have a little zip. The TRX4 Defender, aka Habanero, worked out great. It has zip and stability. Put it in high gear, and also messed around with the different wheel drive options: 4wd, fwd, rwd. Rwd was the most fun!
0130221617.jpg
0130221617b.jpg
0130221440a.jpg
0130221623a.jpg

Looks like a lot of fun bro.
I want to build a crawler course in the back yard but it's too damn cold for me. Not to mention the frozen puppy pellets that need picked up.:eek:

You could build little snowmen for a slolom course! :thumbs-up:
With my driving skill the narrow track, they don't stand a chance.
Looks like a lot of fun bro.
I want to build a crawler course in the back yard but it's too damn cold for me. Not to mention the frozen puppy pellets that need picked up.:eek:
I would think frozen puppy 💩 would make good crawling terrain🚙