So, What R/C Did You Run Today?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Xraycer I admire your commitment to the hobby by risking life and limb in the elements. :thumbs-up:
I don't see any mystery snow falling, or ashes from a distant volcano or burning corpses floating through the air in these shots. I think he could have turned it up a notch! 😜

@Xraycer - I seriously wish I had a neighbor as cool as you bro. You have way too much fun with your RC cars!

I don't see any mystery snow falling, or ashes from a distant volcano or burning corpses floating through the air in these shots. I think he could have turned it up a notch! 😜

@Xraycer - I seriously wish I had a neighbor as cool as you bro. You have way too much fun with your RC cars!
Those cones look vaguely familiar :)

@Xraycer I admire your commitment to the hobby by risking life and limb in the elements. :thumbs-up:
Yes, I live on the edge! 😛

I was going to use gasoline fire as lane markers, but the wife says no 🙄

I'm probably the oddball guy to some of my neighbors. Nope, just a man-child! Lol

Last edited:
What's the story with the cones?

FYI got these off Amazon: 100 for $23!
I bought the same set (or an extremely similar set) off of Amazon years and years ago in order to practice for my motorcycle driving exam back in the day. After that I had no need for them and I never used them again since. I was talking to Wicked one day and he mentioned 3d printing some cones for Breydon to use to do what you did so I was like "I have a better idea!" and mailed him those cones that sat around in my garage for eons to use for Breydon. I just thought it was funny that you posted those not even 2 weeks after I sent Wicked mine :)

Maybe try some mini tiki torches! :)
Yeah, but tiki torch fuel is like 2S, while gasoline is like 6S.
0e986ed658f96d682136d71e555f3758.jpg

Ran my 10. 2 today. In rwd, my front likes to lock here and there. At a stand still if I turn full right I can power brake it until I straighten the wheels.

Gonna put in my brushless system before I fix it. 😈😁😁

Getting ready to head over to the family Xmas party, so I went out back for a quick crawl fix with the newly widened Deadbolt. It's 25°F and a few snowflakes were coming down.
1224211203.jpg
1224211208a.jpg
1224211203a.jpg

Last couple of days has been cold and precipitous. Ice and frozen snow over nearly everything.
Today, I picked up an extra shift at work, and got home to catch just to have a little daylight left. Needing a quick fix, I grabbed the green SCX24 Deadbolt and made for the backyard courses. The slick condition didn't hinder the crawl performance by much.
With the deep winter yet to come, my courses will soon enough be buried under a mattress of snow. However, I'm sensing that these tiny SCX24s, combined with grippy RC4WD tires, will not be impeded by the inevitable white covering. I may just be able to crawl right through winter!

Then I turned up the speed, and slid and drifted around the wet driveway with the LaTrax Rally.

Last edited:
Green SCX24 Deadbolt: testing out new Emax steering servo.

Red SCX24 Deadbolt: testing out springless shocks setup.

LaTrax Rally: testing out new oil filled shocks.

@Xraycer I'm intreagued by the LaTrax Rally. I've kind of been thinking about getting street car to play with, until I put my Typhon back together. What can I say, I'm lazy. 🤣 just beginning to pay attention to what's out there.

Driving the Cherokee in the basement over rocks that I bring in from outside after taking the dog out. I put them in various piles and have a go at then rearrange it & try it again 🤷🏼‍♂️
FF3B8CAB-D4CA-4297-ADE4-F5AD2199F7C4.jpeg

Driving the Cherokee in the basement over rocks that I bring in from outside after taking the dog out. I put them in various piles and have a go at then rearrange it & try it again 🤷🏼‍♂️View attachment 139956
Good stuff!
If you haven't given it a try, try an SCX24. With some simple modifications, these things are very capable crawlers, and are perfect for the indoors! Kick butt outdoors as well.

Last edited:
@Xraycer I'm intreagued by the LaTrax Rally. I've kind of been thinking about getting street car to play with, until I put my Typhon back together. What can I say, I'm lazy. 🤣 just beginning to pay attention to what's out there.
This brushed, 1/16 really is perfect, in size and speed, for the average home driveway.

I have to drive to a local church to run my street rigs. My driveway is short and on a busy street. Not to mention there is usually a car or two parked in it. Is the LaTrax Lipo compatible?
Driving the Cherokee in the basement over rocks that I bring in from outside after taking the dog out. I put them in various piles and have a go at then rearrange it & try it again 🤷🏼‍♂️View attachment 139956
I thought about bringing home rocks when we go for a walk, but apparently the neighbors get upset when you start disturbing their landscaping. I guess some ideas are not suburb compatible. 🤣

Last edited: