SHELF QUEEN pictures

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Then there's this one. Started out as a huge NewBrite toy and ended up like this...
w8.jpg

Custom built frame, Revo suspension and alloy Humm Vee wheels.
hvf3.jpg

Foam core and balsa interior, clear windows instead of black, 1/6 scale accessories.

P5050015.jpg

H11.jpg

now thats what you call a custom rig! that suspension makes it look just like the under carriage of a humvee:D

---------- Post added at 3:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 3:11 PM ----------

Here's my shelf queen, less a heart beat and lung. The rims are called Davin's, full aluminum with bearing supported aluminum spinners, only 10 sets ever made at a cost of $500 including the tires, so they're collectible. I'll take a T shirt in XL size if you have one please.

20140601_013037_zps98180b81.jpg

20140601_013129_zps64072e7b.jpg

and that paint job sets the chrome off on that truck big time! bet that truck would out run some lightning with a clocked nova and one of them ercm pipes;)

I'd stick a blue head ERCM Picco and pipe before I'd disgrace this build with purple, yuck...

didnt even think about that! ill give you my lrp to mod and you can put it in your truck and send it back with the truck and motor! "by accident"

I could do that if you accidentally slipped some cash into my PayPal lol.

Lots of very nice rc's in this thread, I wish I had to money and patience to build a true shelf queen! Alright Bobaloohoo you have plenty of how to posted here so get to building, I'm ready to see some pics!

Lots of very nice rc's in this thread, I wish I had to money and patience to build a true shelf queen! Alright Bobaloohoo you have plenty of how to posted here so get to building, I'm ready to see some pics!

well, i have my old X chassis from my XL conversion, i have my ENTIRE savage box of spare RC parts from different RC's, so ill start with sanding the chassis, cutting designs into it and painting it gloss black!:D ill keep everyone posted, ill start later this week

The captain America livery is still one of my favourites.

Those are some sweet rigs Hulk, WAY2FAST4U...Is that what it says?

well, i have my old X chassis from my XL conversion, i have my ENTIRE savage box of spare RC parts from different RC's, so ill start with sanding the chassis, cutting designs into it and painting it gloss black!:D ill keep everyone posted, ill start later this week

I like the idea of using gloss black, it should look good and be different!

Last edited:
Those are some sweet rigs Hulk, WAY2FAST4U...Is that what it says?

I like the idea of using gloss black, it should look good and be different!

Yep that's what it says. Thanks for the nice comments guys.:D

I'm liking that people are posting there shelf queens, i think this should be "post pics of your shelf queens" thread lol

Here's one I started before winter set in. I ended up shelving it until yesterday, now I just to figure out what I did with the box of alloy parts I had set aside, since I started renovating my house (mostly patch & paint) now, I'm sorta living out of boxes. Yea, it's mostly cause I'm lazy.:\

It's missing a steering servo, a trans-case, and the new shocks, but this thread has rejuvenated my resolve to finally get it up to 100%. That's the only 1/10-1/8 size lid I have that's not clear.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 403
Last edited:
i see a sticky coming!

"post bashing" this can quialify as a temporary shelf queen pic;) its so dirty right now, but this will due until i build my 'Queen' ;P

Attachments

• unnamed%20(11).jpg
    unnamed%20(11).jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 245
Sure, I'll edit the post when I get back to the house. I've only just begun with this work of art. Once I get good and growed up I'm putting in an order to ERCM, to get one of my piccos done.

Please, don't look at the wheel hexes, they're hideous! (Purple)

Last edited:
Back