SHELF QUEEN pictures

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobaloohoo

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Since I do not have time to run my nitro truck too often due to my family taking up plenty of my time along with my job(proudly)! I will be starting a shelf queen build this November, ill be buying everything all at once! I'm pretty excited to build my first shelf queen, and have my other 4 nitros to run freely. It gives me a warm feeling thinking of this trophy in my living room. Rolex if you're reading this, give me some tips on this gash durn spit shine bananza

3rd tip:
MO money! MO money!!
Good wax isn't cheap. :hehe:

Over the 2 grand mark and wanting an LRP .32 if only I could get a polished head for it. The stock blue head won't cut it.

I need to update my pics. Parts have been added that are not on here.

Sav11.jpg

Last edited:
New parts..!?! shouldn't you have run the older parts first!

Dibs on the green thing, if you sellin.

New parts..!?! shouldn't you have run the older parts first!

Dibs on the green thing, if you sellin.

A few more orange accessories were added, including the fuel line coolers.
What green thing?

I'm about to add an alloy electronics box up front but I'm unsure of which one I want. Silver, green or orange.
T6718GREEN.jpg

in order for me to run my truck, i gotta pack up my stuff and drive, i can't just fire it up and go. i can build during late night sessions when my son is asleep, and the only free time i have to run is when hes being baby sat or when hes asleep (and i can't run a nitro just anywhere after 9 p.m.) so for me, this will be convenient and fun. and if you dont understand something, just ask. this shelf queen is a new concept for me, if i build it, and for some odd reason i feel I've wasted my time.. well that is my own fault. for me, this hobby is more interesting to just tinker anyways so its right up my alley

Last edited by a moderator:
Works of art are never a waste of time. If one afternoon you feel like running it, post a video.

Works of art are never a waste of time. If one afternoon you feel like running it, post a video.
I agree with the entire post, 100%.
I have several 'works of art' and they are proudly displayed and admired by those that see them. The fact that they are radio controlled machines makes them even more interesting.
After the local track closed I had nowhere to run but I didn't want to give up the passion for these amazing machines. Not the trucks, cars or helis.
Doing a project that is almost 90% scratch built is something I thoroughly enjoy.
Ever heard of "Show Cars"? Often well over 100 grand put in a fully operational vehicle just to be displayed for others to admire.

Here's another one of my art works. A couple of hundred hours into this Lexan body and it hasn't gotten running gear or an interior yet. Even the burned out muffler and tailpipe are hand made from brass sheets soldered and hand painted.

NewTires.jpg

Rusted9g.jpg

Best of luck with your project, bobaloohoo. Enjoy it and keep us posted.

Last edited:
ill definately keep everyone up to date! it wont start for another couple months, but when it does idk if i wanna do a savage all shiny and fancy or an old 69 camaro that has a "real motor" under the hood, either way I'm lookin forward to putting my brain into!

---------- Post added at 9:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 9:30 PM ----------

and to some, your truck may look like its been in the dumps! but that is one hell of a weathered truck, i admire it!

ill definately keep everyone up to date! it wont start for another couple months, but when it does idk if i wanna do a savage all shiny and fancy or an old 69 camaro that has a "real motor" under the hood, either way I'm lookin forward to putting my brain into!

---------- Post added at 9:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 9:30 PM ----------

and to some, your truck may look like its been in the dumps! but that is one hell of a weathered truck, i admire it!

Nothing wrong with building a bling machine bro! You know it is possible to build a shiny and still keep it strong enough to bash as long as you put quality shiny in the right spots!

Nothing wrong with building a bling machine bro! You know it is possible to build a shiny and still keep it strong enough to bash as long as you put quality shiny in the right spots!

i will be making most of my own parts by machining, figure it will be hard, but find some titanium and cut it for some parts! it'd add a nice touch to something all aluminum

Aircraft grade 6061 aluminum is fine for any parts. That's what all my Savage parts are. Just don't use anything from Integy that needs to hold up to any strain or abuse. That radio box pictured doesn't need strength, just beauty.

bifft that thing is pretty!

thanks. finially just finished it this spring. there are quite a few fabricated, or re-fabricated parts on that truck. hours and hours of polishing. still a couple hard to find parts to get yet. but it would be road worthy if i put fuel in it.

if you are going to build a shelf queen, have a fat bank account, and plenty of patience!

Spent some big bucks
Not as pretty but f$&k it goes
8u5udu3y.jpg
gasybena.jpg

And is a shelf KING Mwahahahaha

---------- Post added at 5:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 5:15 AM ----------

Nice looking rig mate keep the pics coming.
Be good to see a vid if you decide to run it.

Spent some big bucks
Not as pretty but f$&k it goes
8u5udu3y.jpg
gasybena.jpg

And is a shelf KING Mwahahahaha

---------- Post added at 5:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 5:15 AM ----------

Nice looking rig mate keep the pics coming.
Be good to see a vid if you decide to run it.

wow, one that someone actually has the balls to run!;P

If the whole point of this is missed in anyway by a few, then a car show might have a them confounded, but to the rest of us build-on.

+1 to this. it is the same concept to a smaller scale! creativity, and heart go into these builds.

Back