SHELF QUEEN pictures

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I confess, I have a couple of shelf queens.

One of them is a Schumacher Manic Twin It was an impulsive buy, rare truck,
perfect condition, everything included, for a cheap price. Problem is I can't find replacement parts. I run it occasionally but no bashing. If I bust it up I'm screwed.

The other is an old 4910 T Maxx built with a collection of Integy parts my buddy and I have bent/busted over the years. She's runs but she's a gimp. :mustache:

I've actually lured some friends, family, and a few strangers into the hobby with help of my Shelf Gimp. The bling mesmerizes them like a spell. They have to get a car of their own. hehe

Last edited:
A few more orange accessories were added, including the fuel line coolers.
What green thing?

I'm about to add an alloy electronics box up front but I'm unsure of which one I want. Silver, green or orange.
T6718GREEN.jpg

Green!!! Definitely Green!!

I was really leaning toward the orange, but the more I think about it the better the green would look. How about these guys on the corners?

C25323ORANGE.jpg

if i was you, id go with red or blue, i see a lot of orange and green nowadays, i think red... or even all black aluminum would be beautiful

Black aluminum? That would be bad ass if you can find it.

Black aluminum? That would be bad ass if you can find it.

hell yeah it would, youd probably have to dip it yourself. but @Rolex, you could do black with green or orange, either color scheme would go hand in hand

Last edited by a moderator:
hell yeah it would, youd probably have to dip it yourself. but @Rolex, you could do black with green or orange, either color scheme would go hand in hand
Problem there is, once I go black, I can't go back. :hehe:
I think I have to stay with silver and orange. Green will work on the radio cover since there's already some green complimenting the yellows.

not saying green isnt good! its a great color to stand out on, you do green, ill dip all my aluminum in black and we can post side-by-sides

---------- Post added at 10:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 PM ----------

not saying green isnt good! its a great color to stand out on, you do green, ill dip all my aluminum in black and we can post side-by-sides

KINKY:p:

What do you guys say about this guys claim that his savage is worth $4000.00?

Last edited by a moderator:
What do you guys say about this guys claim that his savage is worth $4000.00?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGchLvKTFcc

It's possible this guy has 4000.00 invested but he'll never get that if he sells it.
Sadly, there's usually substantial difference between whats invested in a rig and what its actually worth to a buyer. :whhooo:

Last edited:
But just eyeballing his truck I don't see why it would cost $4 grand. At most it looks like it could barely hit $3 grand.

The Nova is probably $400 tops. Everything else is basically integy crap and I don't think it would cost $3 grand total.

Plus he basically did not need to buy the stock truck in the first place as he replaced almost everything on the truck. He could have just kept the truck stock, then just buy the parts and put together that other truck. So basically you can take away $460 from the total cost of that truck he posted. LOL!

Here's my shelf queen, less a heart beat and lung. The rims are called Davin's, full aluminum with bearing supported aluminum spinners, only 10 sets ever made at a cost of $500 including the tires, so they're collectible. I'll take a T shirt in XL size if you have one please.

20140601_013037_zps98180b81.jpg

20140601_013129_zps64072e7b.jpg

Whow, I like! although, now I think, I need to change up my original colour scheme, oh, well back to the drawing board.

Here's my shelf queen, less a heart beat and lung. The rims are called Davin's, full aluminum with bearing supported aluminum spinners, only 10 sets ever made at a cost of $500 including the tires, so they're collectible. I'll take a T shirt in XL size if you have one please.

20140601_013129_zps64072e7b.jpg

She's a beauty for sure. Speaking of collectibles, I know of this guy up in the land of Canada that fabricates his own exhaust pipes. I think he goes by the name Ernie, or Ercm, something like that. One of his pipes would look mighty sweet on that rig of yours. :mustache:

The body is really beautiful on that rig.

KINKY:p:
I can't go adding another color to the mix, but if you want to go with the black it would look great.

Here's my shelf queen, less a heart beat and lung. The rims are called Davin's, full aluminum with bearing supported aluminum spinners, only 10 sets ever made at a cost of $500 including the tires, so they're collectible.

Who makes the transmission case?

It's possible this guy has 4000.00 invested but he'll never get that if he sells it.
Sadly, there's usually substantial difference between whats invested in a rig and what its actually worth to a buyer. :whhooo:

RC's are a lot like car audio equipment. Buy what makes you happy but don't expect to get anything near that when you go to sell it. ;)

Then there's this one. Started out as a huge NewBrite toy and ended up like this...
w8.jpg

Custom built frame, Revo suspension and alloy Humm Vee wheels.
hvf3.jpg

Foam core and balsa interior, clear windows instead of black, 1/6 scale accessories.

P5050015.jpg

H11.jpg

Back