Savage Xl Integy Suspension Upgrade Identification

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RayRay

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hello Everybody
I am very frustrated at the RC stores that don't know the difference between a savage x and an xl. I am building an xl show truck. Can anyone tell me if the proper integy parts for the stock upright upgrade is the ( 4 ) castor blocks, ( 2 ) steering knuckles for the front and ( 2 ) rear hub carriers for the rear. Also, will this change the number of shocks or prevent me from fully adjusting the toe and camber of the tires and if integy makes a titanium set of turnbuckles for the xl. I was sent a set of these that appears to only be for the savage x.

Thanks
Ray:angry:

Dude most of the parts for the X will interchange with the XL. The only difference between them is the length. The XL is 2 inches longer and about an inch wider at the wheels. Other than that they use the same parts.

yeah the arms even fit i believe, only difference is the axles have longer screw pieces with a spacers so the wheels set wider.

All of the major pieces will interchange 25, X or XL. Arms, knuckles, tie-links are all the same. The bulkheads will all interchange as well. But may I ask why use Integy? There are so many other companies that actually make quality alloy parts like Fastlane and Golden Horizon. To me, EVEN a show truck, if I see all Integy parts I would knock off cool points because I know the quality is pure poo.

If its ONLY gonna be a shelf queen than I suppose Integy is the way to go providing your NEVER want to drive it more than say 5....10 feet without the suspension breaking!!! Sorry but like alot of others would agree Integy just plain STINKS as far as quality. But if you NEVER wanna drive it they sure make some pretty lookin junk!! Just my .02

Keep your stock parts. Integy brings the value down. Amy serious buyer would have to take all that junk off and replace it with at less stock parts to run it right.

HTC Evo 4G on Tapatalk Pro

If I was you, I would purchase the complete aluminum package from HPI which has all the aluminum upgrades you might need. Check HPI website under Savage X upgrades, cannot remember if it is under the XL info.