Nitro savage center diff and general race upgrades

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samrsnow

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I have gotten the green light with local race club groups in my area to run nitro MT in the truggy class and I’m going all in this race season.

I have a few questions here:

I am out of the loop on compatibility of transmission parts. I see @rc4me.US offers the drop in center diff modded flux trans but I have scoured the internet and this forum for anyone with any info worth anything on the matter. I understand some have done it and just lose front brakes which is fine but there is NO build info anywhere. My truck started as a Savage 25 for reference.

Suspension wise I know the RSC is discontinued and is non existent on eBay or anywhere else I’ve seen. I see many companies offer rear aluminum hubs that are adjustable so that’s a plus. On the front end I could do adjustable upper arms, sway bar kit, and the rubber bump stops for the big bore shocks along with the small top springs.

I just got NOS HPI MIP CVDs off eBay and I already have shaved steering knuckles so I don’t think I’ll necessarily need aluminum upgraded ones unless the ones I’ve seen offer better steering angle.

Back