Running 2.4Ghz on Slash?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

obi-dad-kenobi

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Is it possible to get a 2.4Ghz controller/receiver for the slash? How much do they run?

The slash is pulling me toward it with it's supposed durability and weatherproofing, but the Losi Strike is pulling me with its cheap entry into the 2.4Ghz world. I like the idea of not worrying about interferance.

I run spektrum on my Slash, along with my scaler. No problems there. fits perfect in the "waterproof" case.

I run spektrum on my Slash, along with my scaler. No problems there. fits perfect in the "waterproof" case.

Details, please (I'm new, remember?) How do you go about it? How much did the upgrade run?

You can pick up a Spektrum system new for around $130 for the DX 2.0 and a receiver. You may be able to find one even cheaper used.

However, I would suggest going with at least the DX3.0 or if you got the money, the DX3R. You may not use the third channel right away, but the extra features are worth it to me. I would suggest staying away from the DX3S for now, a lot of people aren't having the best luck with them for some reason, typical for a new model.

I bought the Dx 3.0 over a year ago, and have 3 recievers for it. When i bought it it was like $180 for the remote and 2 receivers, and 30 for the rechargable battery and charger. I wouldnt trade 2.4 for anything else. Never worrying about looking for all of my radios, never worrying about crossing channels with anyone, and a greatly increased range of distance.

Back