revo or rustler

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

forest

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
whats better the rustler or the revo I've been looking at the rustler brushed cause its alot cheaper than the brushless but i like the looks of both of these cars whats better

---------- Post added at 8:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 8:29 PM ----------

e revo i mean and if i go with the e revo it will be 1/16th scale

Brushed compared to brushless in most cases is night and day especially since those brushless setups can handle 3s lipo, which make them really run well.

+1 on the Revo. 4wd vs RWD and a great suspension makes the Revo a no-brainer.

Revo brushless is the winner for me. I had a rustler it was fun but the little revo is a total blast.

yeah i just really like the fact how cheap a rustler is and they look champ to i was looking for a good electric around the 230 or lower range any suggestions

---------- Post added at 11:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 PM ----------

also dont really want a monster truck electric

Last edited:
The Revo will be a better basher than a rustler and brushless will smoke brushed but your budget is your budget.

We have a Rustler VXL, my neighbor has the e-revo. Our little Rustler is just about as fast as his revo, but the problem is keeping the front wheels on the ground with the lipo. It's too light, flips over on itself very easliy, and once you get up to speed you still run the risk of floating the front end. I'd save your money a little longer and go with the revo. The rustler is a blast though, I just think the e-revo is better suited to run with a lipo.

My son's friend just used his Christmas money for a brushless rustler 2wd as he could not wait to save for a slash. It is crazy fast on the street but is sketchy on a track. It seems to also give up some durability as he has already broken several items on it. In additon he just called to see why the ESC smoked itself. Apparently it was user error as he damaged the battery and then connected it...... I have never had a Revo but would save more $ and get the Revo over the Rustler from what I have seen.

Back