RC10GT Engine Upgrade

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AndrewB

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
I'm brand new to RC Racing.

I bought a used RC10GT with a AE.15. And yesturday a friend offered me his Picco .21. Is it possible to put the .21 on my RC10GT?

Not without extensive modifacation run it with what you got it with, have some fun.Save that .21 for a different buggy down the road.Gain all the knowledge with what you have and apply it to a future project.:D

Only reason I mentioned this is because I blew the piston a few days ago. And it would save me from doing a rebuild. :\ About how much would it cost to make the .21 fit in?

I couldn't lay an exact price on you but you would be better to grab an os.15 look at tower hobbies web site there not that much. Otherwise were talkin many parts plus axles that are probaly not avaliable that .21 would break parts faster than you can buy them.:D

Last edited:
os18 perfect drop in and screaming fast and easy to tune

agreed the os.18 is a monster of an engine for a RC10gt, almost to much!

if you .21 is a big block... forget about it! the time, effort, and money spent will exceed the price of a new os engine. plus will weigh to much and mess up handling.

I believe an .15 would be plenty. A .18 would be overkill if you don't plan on running larger tires. No reason for the added stress on the driveline or the extra weight.

if you .21 is a big block... forget about it! the time, effort, and money spent will exceed the price of a new os engine. plus will weigh to much and mess up handling.

It will also guzzle a lot more fuel. The OS .15 would be a great engine. The OS .18 would almost be too much, almost.....:D

Mine slung my Maxx around real good. With an old, blue Traxxas tuned pipe. Never worried about getting a proper pipe, it ran so good.