Team Associated (Can’t figure out what Model)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drew_

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I had the rc car given to me me about 10 -12 years ago. I used it and put it up after like 2 weeks. I found it again and want to get it running. I just don’t know the name or model of the actual car. The the motor says 15 so I looked it up and it’s the size, right? So can I put any 15 motor or does it have to be team associated? Amy help would be be appreciated.

9DDE25EA-695A-434A-941D-0801FAF7985E.jpeg

D61840E5-AC7D-441E-9E2F-0C941E5C5171.jpeg

Thank you 👍🏼

I have one like that ,mine has an OS cvr 18 on it ,but you can use another engine as
people back in the day use to put different brand engine on them!

Mine was in that shape like yours as I bought mine second hand from E-bay ,yours
will take a lot of elbow grease!

Here is mine after rebuild!

1678772719935.png

I have one like that ,mine has an OS cvr 18 on it ,but you can use another engine as
people back in the day use to put different brand engine on them!

Mine was in that shape like yours as I bought mine second hand from E-bay ,yours
will take a lot of elbow grease!

Here is mine after rebuild!

View attachment 161816
Looks good. Thanks man

Looks good. Thanks man

Mine was in bad shape ,the owner didnt clean it an left the chassy fuel soaked
for years ,eventually the old fuel had discolored an ate the iodine blue off the chassy ,
the head of the engine was badly scared & scratched ,the linkage rods were badly
rusted ,they cleaned up nice on my bench grinder with a wire wheel!

Mine was in bad shape ,the owner didnt clean it an left the chassy fuel soaked
for years ,eventually the old fuel had discolored an ate the iodine blue off the chassy ,
the head of the engine was badly scared & scratched ,the linkage rods were badly
rusted ,they cleaned up nice on my bench grinder with a wire wheel!
I’m hoping to just redo it to learn a bit and then get more.

If you do cut the crank ,you would need one of these types of clutch nut to screw on ,you
would need to make sure that you get the right thread size or find a local hobby shop
that knows how to do it ,or find an engine guy like Adam Drake's engine service to do the
work!.. :cool:

Back