RC Solutions Sting Chassis Build and Review

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NCNitro

Fist of Goodness
In Memoriam
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
RC Solutions Sting Chassis​
I recently picked up the new Sting Rock Crawler chassis from RC Solutions. It’s a direct replacement chassis for the Axial AX10 Scorpion.

stingreview1.jpg

stingreview2.jpg

The first step was to completely assemble the chassis, leaving the top plate off. Assembly was very easy and included all necessary hardware. I was impressed with all the panels being made of aluminum rather than lexan like some of the other more expensive chassis come with. The chassis rails are made from .090” 6061-T6 aluminum and the body panels are cut from .036” 5052 aluminum. This keeps the chassis light but still very strong.

stingreview4.jpg

stingreview3.jpg

Next I unbolted the front and rear ends from the stock Scorpion chassis, and attached them to the Sting chassis, attaching the upper links and shocks using the stock hardware.

stingreview14.jpg

stingreview15.jpg

Next I screwed the tranny/motor plate to the sting chassis and reattached the lower links. I used my East End Machining dual triangulation skid, but it will also work with the stock skid as well.

stingreview16.jpg

Then I attached the stock top electronics/battery tray inside the sting chassis, and reconnected the electronics. I then installed the top panel using the provided hardware, and she was done, it was really quite simple and took under an hour start to finish.

stingreview18.jpg

This chassis is intended to be run without a body.

stingreview5.jpg

stingreview6.jpg

stingreview13.jpg

However if you prefer to run a body, the two upper screws in the side panels can be removed, and using the stock body posts and four 3mmx15mm studs (not included) screwed in to the stock body posts, then screwed to where the two screws were removed from, you can now run a body over the chassis. Due to the fact these holes are in the same location and with the same spacing as where the stock chassis body posts mount, you can use a body you were already using on the stock chassis without having to drill more holes in the body. Plus it can also be used with the East End Machining Velcro body mount kit.

stingreview11.jpg

stingreview10.jpg

stingreview8.jpg

stingreview9.jpg

stingreview12.jpg

I am really impressed with the chassis. The quality and fit are great, as well as it’s affordability, the option to run with or without a body by simply replacing four screws is a very nice feature. Especially for when I want to go more with that semi-scale look rather than a comp look. The kit is available with silver or black rails and your choice of body colors, with the panels being anodized aluminum and available in silver, black or red. The kit comes with the necessary hardware, and detailed instructions. All this make the Sting chassis a great choice as a quality, affordable, good looking replacement for your stock AX10 chassis. RC Solutions has once again stepped up to the plate with another winner!

stingreview20.jpg

You can visit RC Solutions at www.rc-solutions.com for more info or to order one for yourself.

Last edited:
very nice write up Joe! if it were mine id run it on droop, but thats just me.

Beautiful Joe! I love the black borders around your pics. It just adds a nice polished look.

I kinda like the silver/red combo which is surprising because I generally don't care for red on silver. (especially those Corvette convertibles...ick!)

Sweet chassis man, I really like that you can run a body on it too, looks slick!

very nice write up Joe! if it were mine id run it on droop, but thats just me.

You know what, I am actually considering that now. When I first got my AX10 I said I was not going to do the comp thing, I am just gonna throw a Jeep body on it and crawl for fun. I now find myself getting closer and closer to wanting to make it more comp able rig. The only thing really stopping me is there are no comps anywhere here in LI.

Beautiful Joe! I love the black borders around your pics. It just adds a nice polished look.

Thanks Josh, like the black borders myself :D

Sweet chassis man, I really like that you can run a body on it too, looks slick!

Thanks. Being able to run a body is definitely a nice plus to this chassis.

You know what, I am actually considering that now. When I first got my AX10 I said I was not going to do the comp thing, I am just gonna throw a Jeep body on it and crawl for fun. I now find myself getting closer and closer to wanting to make it more comp able rig. The only thing really stopping me is there are no comps anywhere here in LI.

yeah i hear ya for sure BUT imo a comp rig or a semi comp rig is alot more fun than a stock axial setup just for the fact that it will crawl WAY better than stock the more comp influence it has into it....wich is a win win. I'm in it just for fun too with the occasional comp but having my all comped out berg gives me such a kick over having a tall top heavy rig...either way it looks great Joe.

Looks very nice Joe!!!!! and a very nice write up as well, pretty cool that there is alot of color options, you could probably even custon paint the panels if you wanted too.

i like that its not "tubular" but nice flat peices instead.

Nice job on the chassis Scott! The only thing that would make it better would be to offer the panels in a nice dark green :D

Back