R/C Motorcycle!! 😎

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OMG. It's 1/4 scale. Had to be big to make it work right. Promo vid looks promising. Specs look good. Definitely interested.

AND there's a super moto (on-road) tire option.

Sharon says I'm too old to ride again. This, buddy-buddy-buddy, is the next best thing. Think I'll go with Yamaha blue. 'AC'

Last edited:
That looks incredible! Way bigger and more $$ than i was expecting, but thats probably a good thing for performance.
Dont know how I'm going to convince the wife that i need to spend this much money on a toy motorcycle haha

Well, convincing the wife went better than i thought, she’s in haha!
Looks like they’ve put a pretty decent amount of thought and engineering into this bike, durability will be the big question mark imo.

A few big takeaways compared to my MM450;

• Flywheel is at the bottom of the frame at the lowest possible COG, compared to in the rear wheel on my MM450. The later MM450s had an electric flywheel, and were much easier to control vs the mechanical flywheel in the first gen.
  • Flywheel and stability control have different modes, including wheelie mode. Super cool, and I'm wondering and waiting to see in reviews if this solves the low-speed counter steer issue on other bikes.
  • Breakaway rear fender. Fenders were the first thing to break on most the first time you looped it.
  • Front end designed to give during impacts.
  • Rising rate rear suspension so it can be plush for braking bumps etc., and still take the big hits. Much easier suspension tuning.
  • Worked with both Dunlop and Pro Line for tires. That may sound simple, but it's HUGE.
  • Better battery layout for better balance. The MM450 packs stood vertically in the front right behind the forks, making suspension setup harder.
  • They already have a selection of tires, and hopup parts available. And the supermoto tire set looks legit compared to the 1:1
If they can get a race class going based on these with a big enough following, they will be a hit. If not, they'll very likely die the same slow death most others have unfortunately. They really need to be doing demos at SX rounds, and be tied in with Monster Energy SX, Promotocross championship, and US Supermoto rounds. Get a scale SX, MX, and SM series going on a national level that is ROAR sanctioned.

They are sponsoring a few of the pro moto/supercross teams. I noticed the losi logo on a few semi’s and rider’s gear.
I'm an avid mx/sx fan, and riding/racing dirtbikes has been one of my biggest passions for over a decade. So ill be picking one up even if it just ends up on the shelf haha.
Lots of pretty neat tech in this thing:

A few big takeaways compared to my MM450;

• Flywheel is at the bottom of the frame at the lowest possible COG, compared to in the rear wheel on my MM450. The later MM450s had an electric flywheel, and were much easier to control vs the mechanical flywheel in the first gen.
  • Flywheel and stability control have different modes, including wheelie mode. Super cool, and I'm wondering and waiting to see in reviews if this solves the low-speed counter steer issue on other bikes.
  • Breakaway rear fender. Fenders were the first thing to break on most the first time you looped it.
  • Front end designed to give during impacts.
  • Rising rate rear suspension so it can be plush for braking bumps etc., and still take the big hits. Much easier suspension tuning.
  • Worked with both Dunlop and Pro Line for tires. That may sound simple, but it's HUGE.
  • Better battery layout for better balance. The MM450 packs stood vertically in the front right behind the forks, making suspension setup harder.
  • They already have a selection of tires, and hopup parts available. And the supermoto tire set looks legit compared to the 1:1
If they can get a race class going based on these with a big enough following, they will be a hit. If not, they'll very likely die the same slow death most others have unfortunately. They really need to be doing demos at SX rounds, and be tied in with Monster Energy SX, Promotocross championship, and US Supermoto rounds. Get a scale SX, MX, and SM series going on a national level that is ROAR sanctioned.

Quoting and bolding your text in red. Agree. In spades. Promotion is key and will go the extra mile in making this offering a success. Should be an easy do. Off-road tracks are already in place. No special preparation or changes needed to include into an existing racing program. Hopefully, there is space somewhere to squeeze in a transponder? Maybe behind the front number plate?

Even at 1/4 scale, should be able to do a tight 1/10 track. As well as 1/8 off-road tracks.

Indeed, having the only major sanctioning origination in the U.S. step forward, sanction and embrace this offering, at least in the beginning, as a provisional local class would be a ++. Regionals and Nationals to come later once a race base is established and rules set in place. See what interest there is and how to best promote it. Heck, I might even re-join (for a fourth time).

My 2cents. 'AC'

I can't wait for the TLR kit with carbon fiber chassis, titanium wheels, race spec tires, A-kit suspension, etc… 😎

Followed by an hard enduro version, 1.8” rear wheel, light kit, hand guards, skid plate, etc
Lol

Last edited:
If I end up with one of these, which will definitely happen after I get a plane in the paddock, it will certainly be setup Supermoto. When I first saw it immediately my mind went to “Where I can get slicks?” 🤣😂
Indeed. Envision speed runs in the future for this package on SuperMoto tires. Flywheel gyro/stabilizing system should make for stable high-speed runs. Be a hoot to do.

Curious too to see how the stabilizing system handles the inevitable bar banging in RC MX off-road.

Yeah, me too. Have to sell off some RC both to fund this venture and make room for the larger 1/4 scale on the bench. For now it's on the wish list, not the pre order list. Hopefully, that will change soon to hitting the buy button. Cheers. 'AC'

If I end up with one of these, which will definitely happen after I get a plane in the paddock, it will certainly be setup Supermoto. When I first saw it immediately my mind went to “Where I can get slicks?” 🤣😂
I want a sm KTM and a dirt kawasaki. As for slicks, I've been creating my own since a younging. Sweet spot between treads and belts. 😁😆

After watching the in-depth video and some of the upgrade vids I’m completely blown away! 🤯 I haven’t been this excited about a surface RC for quite some time. The last thing I need atm is another RC… but this is just too damn cool. I’m seriously thinking of what I can sell, trade or steal in order to get my grubby hands on one of these magnificent pieces of kit!! 😳
Someone please talk me off the ledge.. 🤣

After watching the in-depth video and some of the upgrade vids I’m completely blown away! 🤯 I haven’t been this excited about a surface RC for quite some time. The last thing I need atm is another RC… but this is just too damn cool. I’m seriously thinking of what I can sell, trade or steal in order to get my grubby hands on one of these magnificent pieces of kit!! 😳
Someone please talk me off the ledge.. 🤣
Isn't it cool when something comes along and gets the fire going again?

......I’m seriously thinking of what I can sell, trade or......
Nordy: Don't even think about it!
2E4A41DD-653A-45FF-8D4B-9C065DC03F08.jpeg

Back