R/C Motorcycle!! 😎

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Either he seriously missed the Apex, or his tail is kicking out around that corner.
Possibly, but I believe that's just a really tight curve. It's physically impossible to take a turn at speed over 20mph, steering into the turn. If you can possibly manage enough strength to do that, the front wheel would just fold under, and you would get ejected from the bike. I rode a crotch rocket in my younger days. I used to love the sensation of leaning into a turn, with my body being so close to the ground! It's quite a rush at high speed.
This is not my pic, but it's the exact same model and color scheme. Just need a fluorescent orange wind shield :)
InShot_20201217_184730460.jpg

I am pretty sure that is just him slipping the back end.
2017-motorcycle-racing-calendar-week-by-week-schedule (1).jpg

I used to have a bike years ago. Lots of fun to ride on the open roads.

I am pretty sure that is just him slipping the back end.
View attachment 160172
I used to have a bike years ago. Lots of fun to ride on the open roads.
The point of the specific pic I had shown was to point out the counter steering. In real life it is very minute, and are not noticeable from a photo, but it is happening in order to abide to the laws of physics

The point of the specific pic I had shown was to point out the counter steering. In real life it is very minute, and are not noticeable from a photo, but it is happening to abide to the laws of physics
If his back end is sliding, that would be oversteer 😜 That's a pretty extreem steering sngle to be what you are referring to. I completely understand what you are saying. I rode a bike for a few years. I just don't believe the pic you shared is showing that.

If his back end is sliding, that would be oversteer 😜 That's a pretty extreem steering sngle to be what you are referring to. I completely understand what you are saying. I rode a bike for a few years. I just don't believe the pic you shared is showing that.
As I said, I chose that very exaggerated pic to point out counter steering. Are you countering that you steer the front wheel into the direction that you're turning at cruising speed?

Well everyone was discussing the wheel turns slightly left when leaning into a right hand turn. But that is his front wheel following the curve, and his back wheel kicking out. Two totally different things the way I am seeing it.

Well everyone was discussing the wheel turns slightly left when leaning into a right hand turn. But that is his front wheel following the curve, and his back wheel kicking out. Two totally different things the way I am seeing it.
Not everyone understand how motorcycle steering works, which includes 1 member who replied to this thread whose post started this talk.
As @Greywolf74 mentioned, even people who ride, don't realize they are counter steering. They know they are leaning into the turn, but many don't realize what they are actually doing with the handlebars.

Not everyone understand how motorcycle steering works, which includes 1 member who replied to this thread whose post started this talk.
As @Greywolf74 mentioned, even people who ride, don't realize they are counter steering. They know they are leaning into the turn, but many don't realize what they are actually doing with the handlebars.
Yup, I remember when someone first told me that. At first I was like "WTF? Naaaaahhh". Next time I went out I was doing about 60 down a straight road and I pushed forward on the right grip which turns the wheel to the left but the whole bike leaned right and I ended up in the other lane. I was "huh, how did I not know this? I've been riding dirt bikes since I was a kid barely big enough to hold up my Honda 80CR lol

Here was my last girl, my Honda CBR 1000RR. I'm too old and fat to ride sportbikes anymore. I sure miss cruising the back country roads at tripple digits with my face a foot from the pavement! If I was to ever by another bike it would have to be a Harley or something more comfy lol.

20200619_093911.jpg
20200619_093933.jpg
20200619_093944.jpg
20200404_170445.jpg
20200619_093954.jpg
20200619_094505.jpg

Yup, I remember when someone first told me that. At first I was like "WTF? Naaaaahhh". Next time I went out I was doing about 60 down a straight road and I pushed forward on the right grip which turns the wheel to the left but the whole bike leaned right and I ended up in the other lane. I was "huh, how did I not know this? I've been riding dirt bikes since I was a kid barely big enough to hold up my Honda 80CR lol

Here was my last girl, my Honda CBR 1000RR. I'm too old and fat to ride sportbikes anymore. I sure miss cruising the back country roads at tripple digits with my face a foot from the pavement! If I was to ever by another bike it would have to be a Harley or something more comfy lol.

View attachment 160179View attachment 160180View attachment 160181View attachment 160183View attachment 160184View attachment 160185
She's beautiful and with a yoshi. That and 07 CBRs are my favorite. I really love the Repsol Editions.

I did bikes and atvs back when. Too many people and crappy roads for one but I'm wanting a sport bike and atv or dirt bike now.

She's beautiful and with a yoshi. That and 07 CBRs are my favorite. I really love the Repsol Editions.

I did bikes and atvs back when. Too many people and crappy roads for one but I'm wanting a sport bike and atv or dirt bike now.
Yeah, that Yoshi was LOUD! It sounded sooo good though. I dont think Ill ever buy another bike. To much upkeep and while I do appreciate Harleys theyre just not my style. I'm a speed junky :)

Yeah, that Yoshi was LOUD! It sounded sooo good though. I dont think Ill ever buy another bike. To much upkeep and while I do appreciate Harleys theyre just not my style. I'm a speed junky :)
Harley vrod was a bad bike.

I know it sounds counter intuitive but when your turning on a MC over about 10-15 mph you have to counter steer to get the bike to lean as opposed to turning the handlebars the same direction you want to turn like you would do at low speed like doing a u-turn for example. You probably never realzied you were doing that. I didnt realize it for years after I started riding until someone actually pointed it out to me.
Wow you’re blowing my mind! I can’t remember …. You’re saying when you start to lean into the turn you twitch the bars the other way? Like you, I must have done that unawares. Totally. But ok, because, based on my experience with you, I take whatever you say at absolute face value. If you say that’s how they steer, then that’s how they steer. And I also agree with the poster who said the picture of the rear end of the turning bike stepping out was just that, oversteer. But yes TOO, it did well demonstrate counter steering as he intended.

Finally, Graywolf, you might not be entirely shocked to learn that Harleys aren’t for ME either. How could they be, if you don’t care for them much yourself. I hope nobody hates us for saying that! I do love America, and dogs. Anyway I can’t ride anymore with my arthritis but if I could and were to get a bike I’d get an MV Augusta Brutale. So it wouldn’t surprise me if you already have a couple of them sitting in your garage lol.

Last edited:
Wow you’re blowing my mind! I can’t remember …. You’re saying when you start to lean into the turn you twitch the bars the other way? Like you, I must have done that unawares. Totally. But ok, because, based on my experience with you, I take what you say at face value.
Yep. So, when you're turning right, you lean to the right side and push the right side of the handlebar forward(which in turns turns the front wheel to the left). If you try to fight the handlebar, and steer into turn, the bike will come out of the lean.

Yep. So, when you're turning right, you lean to the right side and push the right side of the handlebar forward(which in turns turns the front wheel to the left). If you try to fight the handlebar, and steer into turn, the bike will come out of the lean.
OH MY GOD YOU’RE RIGHT. When you explain it that way, yes! When I turn right I lean to the right and simultaneously (I think) push the right side of the handlebar FORWARD. (Or, “up.”) Yup. That’s what I did. You really do it without giving it any thought.

OH MY GOD YOU’RE RIGHT. When you explain it that way, yes! When I turn right I lean to the right and simultaneously (I think) push the right side of the handlebar FORWARD. (Or, “up.”) Yup. That’s what I did. You really do it without giving it any thought.
You really have no choice in the matter, but to obey the law of physics ;)

Back