Original E Maxx need help finding parts. :(

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You do know that it is a 20 year old truck that he has dont you?.. 🤔
Oh yeah. I know that's why I said that would be good idea to change to 2.4ghz. Instead of trying to find the crystals. But he said he would like it all stock it's they way he is and likes. Mine isn't a 20yr truck though. Lol

You do know that it is a 20 year old truck that he has dont you?..
I didn't build a true emaxx either. I built it with the Tmaxx 3.3 chassis and a revo 2.0 transmission/ drive train. With the castle monster 2 esc 2200kv motor combo.

Wow! Now I'm seeing why people are so into taking RC's away from the stock forms. Lots of much appreciated info here. So the electronics suck ..... maybe it would be better to upgrade as this one is not going to be a shelf queen. Sure, I like original in many things I have but it's looking like sometimes it's not the best idea. LOL

Oh yeah this is the only RC forum where you can speak your mind and truth about anything. And not have it taken down or erased. Alot of good opinion and good insight. Alot of RC knowledgeable/ addicts here. LoL just ask are wifes.🤣😂🤣🤪

Unfortunately, I don't have a HT store near me and they don't sell them online. :(
Just found them on ebay. search green 27ghz traxxas cyrstals
Screenshot_20210703-144741_eBay.jpg

Wow! Now I'm seeing why people are so into taking RC's away from the stock forms. Lots of much appreciated info here. So the electronics suck ..... maybe it would be better to upgrade as this one is not going to be a shelf queen. Sure, I like original in many things I have but it's looking like sometimes it's not the best idea. LOL

Dont get me wrong ,I was in love with that truck when my B-law bought his 20 years ago ,it
was a beast other than the electronics in it ,but he never had issues with it ,he was a truck driver
an mainly ran it in the parking lot for something to do while waiting to be loaded!

But yea ,people has changed them over with the up to date parts already ,I can research other folks
an see how they did it ,even the Nitro AE.MGT took the brushless conversion quite well!

I think they eliminate the twin motor an put a single brushless motor on them ,however ,you can
keep the twin an upgrade to a better quality brushed ESC an do a 2 cell lipo rather than twin batteries!..

As they still make & use the brush set up in todays rigs!.. :cool:

If all you need is a controller and receiver then this will get you bashing or driving. How ever you look at it and drive. Then you can upgrade things as they crap out . So you don't have to put alot of $ out rite away
Screenshot_20210703-145205_eBay.jpg

That is good
If all you need is a controller and receiver then this will get you bashing or driving. How ever you look at it and drive. Then you can upgrade things as they crap out . So you don't have to put alot of $ out rite away View attachment 128943

That is good to get him up an running in first gear ,but will not get him into second
gear ,he needs the 3rd channel for the shift on the fly!.. :cool:

That is good

That is good to get him up an running in first gear ,but will not get him into second

That is my concern with this. Otherwise I'd be all over upgrading. I believe the model after this one went with a single speed trans which makes this one alittle more interesting to me. ;)

That is good

poop forgot about that tranns haven the 2 gear with high and low I'm sorry. The Tmaxx tranns changed gears internally by the rpms

That is my concern with this. Otherwise I'd be all over upgrading. I believe the model after this one went with a single speed trans which makes this one alittle more interesting to me. ;)
Sorry about that I didn't even think about that tranns haven the manual shifting high/low in the very first emaxx. I was thinking brushless version.My bad bud.

Kimmie28 has me hooked up with crystals. :) THANK YOU KIMMIE28!! :)

They still sell the 27 mhz crystals ,dont under estimate those old radio systems ,they
still work great ,some can still reach farther signal than the new 2.4 stuff!..:thumbs-up:
I thought that I had some old crystals as well ,I would have to check!..:cool:

They still sell the 27 mhz crystals ,dont under estimate those old radio systems ,they
still work great ,some can still reach farther signal than the new 2.4 stuff!..:thumbs-up:
I thought that I had some old crystals as well ,I would have to check!..:cool:
I still use mine blue 27ghz am radio and receiver. And a few others I have. They have never let me down and it's from the 90s. The only thing is that it takes 8AA instead of the new 4AA. But still a good controller