Original E Maxx need help finding parts. :(

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL...I have that radio an fixing to use it today ,I forgot that it had that third button!...:hehe:...:thumbs-up:
lol, yeah, I use it as the kill switch on the Lawntoy :)
I still use mine blue 27ghz am radio and receiver. And a few others I have. They have never let me down and it's from the 90s. The only thing is that it takes 8AA instead of the new 4AA. But still a good controller
I had a pile of AM radios at one point. I had it in my head like 10 years ago I was going to build an FPV, underwater crawler with running lights. At that time some people were saying that the AM radios penetrated the water better than anything else. I never did test that theory as I never went any further than picking up some AM radios/RXs here and there

lol, yeah, I use it as the kill switch on the Lawntoy :)

I had a pile of AM radios at one point. I had it in my head like 10 years ago I was going to build an FPV, underwater crawler with running lights. At that time some people were saying that the AM radios penetrated the water better than anything else. I never did test that theory as I never went any further than picking up some AM radios/RXs here and there

Back when I first got my MGT ,it had the 27 AM ,an I would run my truck as far as 150 yards down the street ,today ,I dont & wont
trust a 2.4 that far!... :hehe:

Alot of people are using that flysky. Guessing it is a good controller. Never knew that about the am radios and underwater penitentiary.

Back when I first got my MGT ,it had the 27 AM ,an I would run my truck as far as 150 yards down the street ,today ,I dont & wont
trust a 2.4 that far!... :hehe:
Your very trust worthy to run your Rc 150 yards down a road. I'd be worried Bout some idiot in a car running it over that far down the road here in jersey. 😆

Alot of people are using that flysky. Guessing it is a good controller. Never knew that about the am radios and underwater penitentiary.
Yeah the Flysky has been around for at least 12-13 years now and its still pretty popular. Personally I like the GT3B better than the GT3C. You can mod it more. Plus I dont like the proprietary little lipo that the C uses either. I modded my B to take a 3S 2200mah lipo and it will last forever. Plus I can charge it on my regular lipo charger. If you can still find the stuff you can even mod the B to take open source firmware that has a lot more options in it.

As for whether or not AM radios penetrate water better or not I can't say. I still want to do an underwater FPV crawler one of these days though :)

The problem with the old radios ,something else can take over your signal!.. :hehe:
That is very true! Almost by anything that throws out a signal close to what you are using. And then your saying what the hell is wrong with my car

Yeah the Flysky has been around for at least 12-13 years now and its still pretty popular. Personally I like the GT3B better than the GT3C. You can mod it more. Plus I dont like the proprietary little lipo that the C uses either. I modded my B to take a 3S 2200mah lipo and it will last forever. Plus I can charge it on my regular lipo charger. If you can still find the stuff you can even mod the B to take open source firmware that has a lot more options in it.

As for whether or not AM radios penetrate water better or not I can't say. I still want to do an underwater FPV crawler one of these days though :)

That is how old mine is ,actually ,I think that I only paid $ 29.95 for it with 2 receivers at the time ,an the
extra receivers to buy was only 6 bucks to buy back then ,they came up a little in price ,but still worth it!.. :thumbs-up:

That would be a awesome build wolf. I'm sure you will figure that out one day

The subs isnt new to the RC field ,when they came out back in the day ,I think they had no
choice but to use the AM stuff ,may even used the 72 mhz for aircraft as the range was
at least a 1/4 mile on those!.. :cool:

The subs isnt new to the RC field ,when they came out back in the day ,I think they had no
choice but to use the AM stuff ,may even used the 72 mhz for aircraft as the range was
at least a 1/4 mile on those!.. :cool:
Never saw or knew they made a rc sub that's pretty cool. I know they've made them for oceanography but not for the market of RC

LOL...I think that we took over True Newbs thread!... 🤔

Sorry True Newb!...:cool:.....:thumbs-up:
Your probably rite.. Sorry true newb... like you said this is the place where we love to talk anytime/ anything RC.

This is what I use for my bashers, Its got the 3rd channel and 10 model memory etc and the receivers are dirt cheap too. Plus theres a bunch of mods out there you can do to it. Mine is still going strong since I got it in 2011-2012ish.

https://www.amazon.com/FlySky-FS-GT...cphy=9015762&hvtargid=pla-1327141668382&psc=1

Thanks for that link!! I just ordered one. I have the intentions of using it on newer RC's I acquire like the one I acquired today!! I bought a new 2WD Traxxas Slash brushed motor, to compete in the Mudboss class locally to have a little fun and meet other RC hobbyists. :) Now to get myself a Northeast Dirt body.

LOL...I think that we took over True Newbs thread!... 🤔

Sorry True Newb!...:cool:.....:thumbs-up:

That's perfectly fine with me!! Like your sig says ..... just bash it!! :)

Thanks for that link!! I just ordered one. I have the intentions of using it on newer RC's I acquire like the one I acquired today!! I bought a new 2WD Traxxas Slash brushed motor, to compete in the Mudboss class locally to have a little fun and meet other RC hobbyists. :) Now to get myself a Northeast Dirt body.
Look into doing a lipo mod and the bearing mod to it if you do nothing else.

You can get lipos that will fit it HERE, but you will have to add a connector to the inside of the radio. (You can crimp or solder on a connector). HERE is a video on how to do the mod.

HERE is a video on how to do the bearing mod.

Sorry those videos are not HD. Those were some early youtube videos I did. I just happen to have the links handy. If you look around you can probably find HD videos for the same mods.

Does ur truck have the short control arms or the later modern longer control arms. I have multiple sets of short ones that I'm looking to get rid of. I don't want to throw them away. I'd rather find someone who came use them. Have aluminum ones also