New Wraith Build

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, you know how to manage your time...the right way. I'll take notes. But it looks great so far :D

Sent from my Pip Boy-3000

Nice goodies man, VP will always provide an rc erection. Until you check out lol.

Wow, you know how to manage your time...the right way. I'll take notes. But it looks great so far :D

Sent from my Pip Boy-3000

Ha ha, thanks buddy. Actually in the past I would rush through a build so I could go play with my new toy. I'm trying harder to be better about that, and I really enjoy building a lot more these days. Oh lord, don't take notes from me, I might screw up. :D

Nice goodies man, VP will always provide an rc erection. Until you check out lol.

Thanks Lloyd. Yes, this is true, but I've been diagnosed with acute ADOSS, so it comes with the territory. :D

Also, I may have a problem with the build, so I need some advice guys. My motor shaft doesn't quite reach the end of the pinion gear when installed in the tranny. It's short by 3.72mm, the grub screw sits at 8.1mm from the top of the pinion, which means the grub screw is 4.38mm down the shaft and has plenty of shaft to grab onto, only the crown of the gear is above the shaft itself. Is that safe to run? I emailed John at Homes Hobbies also.

Last edited:
you should be ok to run it, i have ran them like that before.

Same here, as long as there isnt slop before you tighten down the grub then there shouldnt be any worrisome leverage that "could" some how make a problem.

How well did those Titus BL's mount the beads up?

How well did those Titus BL's mount the beads up?

They feel solid to me from pulling on them Lloyd, time will tell. If not, I have another set of wheels already picked out.

Been at it this evening, got quite a bit done so far.

Got my hood marked, drilled, and hinge kit installed

P1130415Medium_zpscd30dbe4.jpg

P1130416Medium_zpsc0a10d0e.jpg

Took the trans apart, and gave it a good coat of Lucas red n tacky. I swear by this stuff in gearboxes!

P1130411Medium_zpscc30ddaa.jpg

Transmission is completely done now. I used a micro servo and flipped it upside down (had to use spacers) in order to retain the full interior.

P1130420Medium_zps2269e3e5.jpg

I also did a test run on the trans to make sure it all worked, and set my EPAs so as not to burn up the shift servo, before I install it all in the Wraith.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdpUJKJXu6g"]RC4WD AX2 Transmission - YouTube[/ame]

Nice. No work at all for the servo. You running 3 or 4s?

Nice. No work at all for the servo. You running 3 or 4s?

Yeah, it really worked out nicely, and has a saver on it just in case. You can see the saver kick in about half way thrugh the video, since it can only shift when the dogs line up, it will hopefully keep the servo healthy for years to come. 2s for shakedown runs, 3s for when I want more rock racer / trail rig, and maybe 4s if I've had a bad day. :D

Took a break and finished up my last two shocks. Think I'm done for the night, gotta go back to work in a bit, and I'm waiting on axle parts anyway, so no need to rush. Should be able to get close to if not done tomorrow night.

P1130428Medium_zpsd2a10248.jpg

Dude that think looks great........i got one helluva itch!!!! :D

Geez ill say it pushed you over the top lol!! If your in need of the OEM panels I have some up FS. can't wait to see some dirt spinning action! Also your going to love those Pitbulls they are godlike on any terrain!

Have I mentioned, I hate building links? Oh well, time to get started anyway

P1130422Medium_zps3003c769.jpg

Making sure they're even

P1130424Medium_zps7dc74bd4.jpg

All done, taking a break for some GTA V now :D

P1130427Medium_zps6746028c.jpg

Must be Integy links, they bent before you could even run them :whhooo:

Lol shcrode! I think those may be Vanquish titanium links, straight putting my Wraith to shame... :D

The "HPI" folk here try to avoid putting Integy on our toys :D

Geez ill say it pushed you over the top lol!! If your in need of the OEM panels I have some up FS. can't wait to see some dirt spinning action! Also your going to love those Pitbulls they are godlike on any terrain!

Yeah man, I've wanted a Wraith since they came out but was worried I'd get bored with it. Your vids showed me they could be quick enough to be fun when I'm not crawling also. I bought a new camera today to film it's debut in the dirt. Now is the PO will get my package to the correct state, I can finish up my build. :angry: I'll keep that in mind on the stock panels for sure, thanks bro.

Must be Integy links, they bent before you could even run them :whhooo:

They better not be Integy for what they charged me for 'em :D

Lol shcrode! I think those may be Vanquish titanium links, straight putting my Wraith to shame... :D

The "HPI" folk here try to avoid putting Integy on our toys :D

No way man, your Wraith is bad ass. I just went a different direction is all by trying to combine the best of a crawler and a rock racer with the two speed. Hopefully the gamble pays off.

And yes, the only thing Integy that's worth a crap is their steel cages. Apparently their lathe motors (used to be big for crawlers) now suck also.

Back