Warbys LimitlessV2 build thread

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes it's on the short list but I'm still not sure. I like metallic colours like gun metal, grey, silver, etc but its not really practical for a speedrun car. I should paint it all one bright colour but I can't choose one. Bright so I can see it.

PS-23, PS-12, PS-58 and PS-30 with PS-31 windows, are on the list. Or a combo of some. But that could change tomorrow.
View attachment 183891
Komatsu or Caterpillar yellow… 😝

They are reflectors in the middle of the road.
View attachment 182494

Nice build!

We call them Road Turtles here and they are on every road, even ones without stripes. Those roads have blue ones to indicate fire hydrants. Needless to say I've collected a few of them and they usually win.

What kind of speed are u looking at out of this thing
I'll be happy if I start at about 110mph, then aim for 150mph. Then I'll probably put a GT body on it and aim higher. Depend on whether the road will allow those speeds.

Last edited:
Got a minute today to take the Limitless out to my speedrun road for a test run. Unfortunately as soon as we got there, we realised there was a strong cross wind. I was never going to get any PB's today but that just added to my nerves.

It drove well. No vibrations or pulling to one side. Its stable at speeds but I need to reduce the sensitivity of the steering. At low speeds the steering is too touchy. I haven't turned on the gyro either.

I never got anywhere near full throttle. Just getting to know the car first. Maybe about 3/4 at the most. I wasn't really taking much notice of the speed and forgot to restart the gnss app a couple of times. Think it got to about 85mph. That's an ok starting point.

After a few runs(some interrupted by traffic), I went to driving it away from me at low speed when I heard a noise. I knew straight away it was a loose gear mesh noise. I immediately stopped, picked it up and noticed the motor was loose in the car. Very loose.

Took it home and found the motor mount sliding plate screws had come loose. They had started walking out of the motor itself. I was very lucky I heard the noise when I did. There is no visible damage to the gears or anything. I think I forgot to add threadlocker to those two screws.

I dodged a bullet there. If that had of happened at high speeds there would have been a lot of damage and possibly no brakes. 🤞

Anyone ever had those screws come loose?

1000005591.jpg

1000005595.jpg

Photo after I reinstalled the screws and plate. Pinion still looks new.

Last edited:
I heard a couple days back that a Limitless owner recommended, bright lights up front and red in back. The brighter the better. That way when the car is so far away, that it might help you to distinguish front from back at a far distance. He said that at a far distance, he found it hard to tell, especially when the car is so far away, and the fact that it might get turned around during the run. Paint it bright. 😁 . Have fun, as I love mine. I don't do speed runs. Too much stress for me. But I have a fast car just the same.🤣. He recommended a separate source of power to make it work. Anyhow, hope this helps. 🏁

Yeah we have a unique drone. That's how we Can tell front to rear.

Last edited:
I heard a couple days back that a Limitless owner recommended, bright lights up front and red in back. The brighter the better. That way when the car is so far away, that it might help you to distinguish front from back at a far distance. He said that at a far distance, he found it hard to tell, especially when the car is so far away, and the fact that it might get turned around during the run. Paint it bright. 😁 . Have fun, as I love mine. I don't do speed runs. Too much stress for me. But I have a fast car just the same.🤣. He recommended a separate source of power to make it work. Anyhow, hope this helps. 🏁
1000005613.jpg

Ordered.

Let us know how it goes. Can't wait to see a photo of the paint job.

I did one in yellow, but I don't do speed runs.Also one in red. The yellow shows up better than the red one. But that orange should work. I thought of a florescent red for me, if I do long distance runs.

Last edited:
I wasn't going to bother doing a build thread for this build as every man and his dog has already done one and mine is no different to most.

But I noticed I haven't yet posted a build thread on RCT and thought, what the heck.
Because this was unplanned, the photos were also not planned so are a bit all over the place, sorry.

This V2 Limitless roller was bought for me last year by my lovely wife. Little did she know that the initial cost of the roller was nothing compared to the overall cost to finish it 🤣.
View attachment 182474
View attachment 182475
My intent for this build is speedrunning (surprise surprise). I'll hopefully start off close to my Typhons PB and aim for 150mph. I wanted to also try products I haven't experienced before like Castle Creations and Perfect Pass. I also didn't want the electronics to be the limiting factor on this build. So the XLX2 was a no-brainer.

This 1/7th scale platform is completely new to me as well as the products I've added, so a lot of research and questions were required.

Parts I've fitted so far:
CC XLX2 esc
CC 1721-1260kv 8mm shaft.
CC 8mm bullet connectors
QS8-S connectors
PP monster servo and horn
PP Ultimate driveshaft kit & spool(very nice👌)
cf side skirts
cf front wheel space air dams
Alloy wing supports and brace
Plaig Bearings ceramic hybrid bearings
Radiolink R7FG rx
2x CNHL Racing 120C 8000mah 4s batteries
GRP GTJ04-XM3 slicks on rigid white rims
1M diff oil

View attachment 182476
View attachment 182477
View attachment 182478
View attachment 182479
View attachment 182480
View attachment 182481

View attachment 182482
View attachment 182483

View attachment 182484
View attachment 182485
View attachment 182486
View attachment 182487

Suspension has been tuned, diffs shimmed and 1m fluid. GRP have beed balanced.

Calibrated the xlx2 to the TX.
Downloaded Castle link and upgraded the software and adjusted some of the settings.

I've yet to decide on colours and paint the body.
Sick build dude i'm amazed! I'm still thinking about getting a Limitless V2 or Felony of my own or maybe both at some point if i get a Limitless she'll be named Aria and i think i'll do the build in stages like i plan to do my X-Maxx and how i did my XO-1. If do it Aria will get a Max 6 G1\4985 1,650kv combo to start with since i have one lying around and don't need to go super fast right out of the gate. If i just buy the Limitless and don't bother with the Felony i'll also set it up to be both a basher and a speedrun car sometimes. Thanks to Rattlecan on lexan's video on Youtube we showed that you can fit a center diff to the V2 Limitless if you buy 122.5 and 147mm center dogbones from ScorchedRC parts and it will work.

Back