New Axial SCX24 Bronco

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes sir. That's what I don't get traxxas has it already. They should have released a 24scale. Instead of the stupid sledge they released. They got to get some real RC people in that development team of theirs or something. I like traxxas don't get me wrong, I have a few but this copy cat sledge is by far their dumbest idea beside the auto flip they came out with... must have made alot of extra diffs needed away to unload them 😉🤣🤣🤣

I saw that and was waiting on you to chime in on what else you saw that’s new.. ? Esc and transmitter too??

Everything appears to be the same as the new Jeep Gladiator with the exception of the hardbody. I haven't checked the length yet though.

Everything appears to be the same as the new Jeep Gladiator with the exception of the hardbody. I haven't checked the length yet though.
They are both on the same chassis set up

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220331-154830_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220331-154830_Chrome.jpg
    168.5 KB · Views: 46
  • Screenshot_20220331-155018_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220331-155018_Chrome.jpg
    176.1 KB · Views: 52
just watched the SBG vid and he said it looks to be the same length as the older jeep (shorter than the gladiator).

I really want one.

Thats a sweet little truck.. sh*t see I this is what traxxas should have done. Released a 24 crawler, With them already haven the 1/10th Branco and the rights. But instead they f-ing copy Arrma and release a dam kraton twin 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️. And they didn't make it better its the same dam thing... Idiots

@Xraycer , @WickedFog , why cut the body. Just get some sand paper or a dremel with a drum sanding bit. Just shave off what's needed. Wouldn't even notice it really. Your not talking taking alot off. Or throw on the HC links. Then it won't rub anymore. Can print those out on the printer.
For the C-10, it would require taking off a significant amount of the wheel wells to get even the stock Jeep/Deadbolt tires to not rub. I've seen people who have done it, and I just don't like the look of it. I also don't like the look of a body that's super jacked off the chassis either. I would rather keep the body intact and settle with smaller tires. Those Patagonias are good tires! It just lacks the clearance.

Last edited:
Yeah, with Mud Slingers and +5mm-+7mm wheel hubs, you end up with a tire going through about 1/2" of the front bumper at full lock, and all the way into the door at opposite lock. A grinder isn't going to be the way to go lol.

Oh, and the $160 price tag - I kinda think this one is worth it. The body has a lot more detail than the previous offerings. And it has working headlights and taillights. Or at least the rear of the chassis in one of the images has wires going back there. Anyone notice the spring on the shocks?
shock_470px.jpg

OK, what I gather so far...
  • ABS hardbody
  • The RX/ESC combo is the new HRZ00015, which is not compatible with the Furitek stuff (for those planning on using the Furitek stuff in tandem with stock radio)
  • It has rear tail light lenses, but it doesn't say it comes with rear tail lights, even though a pic kinda shows it does
  • Shocks appear to have a bit of preload added to them? Would make sense with the hardbody, but why not just stiffer springs?
  • It uses a Velcro body mount 🤮 (why not magnets?)
  • I f'n want one 😁

Last edited:
  • ABS hardbody
  • The RX/ESC combo is the new HRZ00015, which is not compatible with the Furitek stuff (for those planning on using the Furitek stuff in tandem with stock radio)
  • It has rear tail light lenses, but it doesn't say it comes with rear tail lights, even though a pic kinda shows it does
  • Shocks appear to have a bit of preload added to them? Would make sense with the hardbody, but why not just stiffer springs?
  • It uses a Velcro body mount 🤮 (why not magnets?)
  • I f'n want one 😁
Looks very cool, but it's going to be more top heavy with the ABS body and the dynamite motor is more like a firecracker.

I have about another $200 in upgrades to my C10 and it's still under powered, "is weak like, little girl" - Of course no offense to any little girls reading this. ;)

The next upgrade minus the ESC, which I already have.
https://furitek.com/products/furitek-stinger-brushless-power-system-for-scx24

Looks very cool, but it's going to be more top heavy with the ABS body and the dynamite motor is more like a firecracker.

I have about another $200 in upgrades to my C10 and it's still under powered, "is weak like, little girl" - Of course no offense to any little girls reading this. ;)

The next upgrade minus the ESC, which I already have.
https://furitek.com/products/furitek-stinger-brushless-power-system-for-scx24
Our Deadbolt motor is incapable of pushing the truck up a 45° incline with Mud Slingers on it, so I know what you mean. So it's getting a Furitek Stinger system in it.

So is it on the "normal" wheel base or the new long wheel base? I'm deciding whether to get the long wheel base or short (same price) and I don't want to get the long one if there will be fewer parts on offer because it's the "weird LWB one".

So is it on the "normal" wheel base or the new long wheel base? I'm deciding whether to get the long wheel base or short (same price) and I don't want to get the long one if there will be fewer parts on offer because it's the "weird LWB one".
Not sure which long wheelbase you are referring to. There are 3 different wheelbase options for these trucks if you look at the links and drive shafts available for them. There are also 2 different chassis lengths available now with the release of the 22mm longer Gladiator.

The Deadbolt and Betty share the same links and driveshafts, and the Jeep Wrangler and C10 share the same links and driveshafts. You can however create your own wheelbase by swapping these links and driveshafts around, and the trucks themselves come with separate links you can swap in.

Not sure which long wheelbase you are referring to. There are 3 different wheelbase options for these trucks if you look at the links and drive shafts available for them. There are also 2 different chassis lengths available now with the release of the 22mm longer Gladiator.

The Deadbolt and Betty share the same links and driveshafts, and the Jeep Wrangler and C10 share the same links and driveshafts. You can however create your own wheelbase by swapping these links and driveshafts around, and the trucks themselves come with separate links you can swap in.
I didn't even know there were 2 widths :)

Should probably get one of everything as usual :)

I didn't even know there were 2 widths :)

Should probably get one of everything as usual :)
Width is the track width. Length is wheelbase. They all have basically the same track width, with the only difference being the tire size/width varying slightly from model to model.

The links and driveshafts are different though, which accounts for the different wheelbases. And the chassis on the Gladiator is around 20mm longer.

Last edited:
Back