My Xmaxx build

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So far just today is the front diff pinion but my motor is out for delivery.

IMG_0051.JPG

I am blown away with the size of this motor. 1100kv

IMG_0053.JPG
IMG_0054.JPG

Last edited:
I don't doubt that, I can't wait. :D
I'll solder up the esc after the Boise State game.

Today's shipment.

#7727x Rear upper/lower bulkhead
#7780 Front diff cover
Jenny's Front and rear diff
Jenny's Toe links.

The front bulkhead is completely finished other than the skid plate.
I'll start buying more parts for the rear as soon as I can.

IMG_0055.JPG
IMG_0056.JPG
IMG_0057.JPG
IMG_0058.JPG

Getting closer.

Looking great man. It is coming along faster than expected. I wish that damn USA-1 would hurry up and come out so I could stop saving money for that and start getting caught up.

What size pinion/spur are you going with?

Today's shipment.

#7727x Rear upper/lower bulkhead
#7780 Front diff cover
Jenny's Front and rear diff
Jenny's Toe links.

The front bulkhead is completely finished other than the skid plate.
I'll start buying more parts for the rear as soon as I can.

View attachment 134391View attachment 134392View attachment 134393View attachment 134394
Dam bud the frog is looking awesome. Went together quick. Well done sir well done👍👍👍 good looking BULLFROG you got there buddy 😉👍👍

Man wish we could run together should stop by some day..😉👍👍🤣🤣🤣
I have a big dirt field now, about 75 yards long and 50 yards wide. All perfectly flat, and all dirt lol. So bring ramps 😉

Looking great man. It is coming along faster than expected. I wish that damn USA-1 would hurry up and come out so I could stop saving money for that and start getting caught up.

What size pinion/spur are you going with?
Gonna start with 20/50. I always buy sets when it comes to pinions. 48, 50 and 54 spurs are pretty much the norm for the Xmaxx. There are different sizes but these will work for now, I think.
@StonerRC365 thanks Bro, it definitely grew up fast, I blame the wife for that... :D

Three more spendy purchases and that would be the body, servo, and wheels/tires, then the rest will be a lot cheaper.
I'm really looking forward to starting an Outcast 8s next. OH and my train room... :D

I have to remodel the bathroom sometime between my next toys or the wife is gonna put me on the couch.. :eek:

Last edited:
Gonna start with 20/50. I always buy sets when it comes to pinions. 48, 50 and 54 spurs is pretty much the norm for the Xmaxx. There is different sizes but these will work for now, I think.
@StonerRC365 thanks Bro, it definitely grew up fast, I blame the wife for that... :D
Got to love encouraging wifes.. good job miss pipe.👍👍

That's what I run 20/50. I also got the 48 54 and a 56. The got pinions from 18 to 21.. but the 20/50 was a good spot for the X. But you got the 1100kv correct? You might want to look into getting pinions from
18 -40 And spurs 36-54 Also... here this is off the traxxas forum bud..about the lep 1100kv. Same kv so check out what they are running with the 1100kv.
Screenshot_20211004-210613_Chrome.jpg

Thanks bud, good info. The fun of all of this is dialing in what works for us personally. I figured I would start with the 20/50 because that is more so the middle of the road. I'm sure I will change it up but it's a good starting point.
I'm not big into the speed thing because where we run at the sand dunes it's small jumps and not much open throttle running. Which I prefer because it's more realistic looking.
Same as the motorcycle park we run at.

Now I remember you mentioning you run 20/50 and also run stock motor?

Last edited:
Thanks bud, good info. The fun of all of this is dialing in what works for us personally. I figured I would start with the 20/50 because that is more so the middle of the road. I'm sure I will change it up but it's a good starting point.
I'm not big into the speed thing because where we run at the sand dunes it's small jumps and not much open throttle running. Which I prefer because it's more realistic looking.
Same as the motorcycle park we run at.

Now I remember you mentioning you run 20/50 and also run stock motor?
Yes sir. It cut down on the heating of the esc. Which you won't have that problem. Since you went with the HW set up. I didn't send that for you to do speed runs. Those aren't fun anyway. Plus that beast at those high speeds. And a crash wouldn't be good. My stock motor and those gear I'm around 40 45mph..flat out full battery

I never was into the speed run thing and always preferred easy, more realistic kind of driving. The sand dunes are definitely a good place to open up and run fast and hard but just no desire to. I suppose if I could walk further than I can I would rethink it but I can't walk like I used to.
The chart you posted is definitely interesting. No doubt my temps will stay pretty low so I'm happy with that.
As far as batteries, I like running Zeee and honestly, I can't afford to buy a lot of different brands.

I never was into the speed run thing and always preferred easy, more realistic kind of driving. The sand dunes are definitely a good place to open up and run fast and hard but just no desire to. I suppose if I could walk further than I can I would rethink it but I can't walk like I used to.
The chart you posted is definitely interesting. No doubt my temps will stay pretty low so I'm happy with that.
Every time I tried to do a speed run it cost me a fortune in parts. Not a fan either.

As far as batteries, I like running Zeee and honestly, I can't afford to buy a lot of different brands.
I run Zeee lipos also they work good. I also have Youme power and HRB 6000-6500mah 50c and 60c.
16334012384839121527397078864622.jpg

Following this. I was thinking about getting the zeee 9000mah packs, I'm glad you've had good luck with them.

The green A-arms look great! Where did you get the stainless screws from? I hate how all the hardware rusts.

Back