My Xmaxx build

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stub axles and drive shafts will be here in a couple days, and all I have left on the front bulkhead is the diff, drive cups and diff cover.

View attachment 133921
I draw the line at painful eating... :D
You can get the drive cups axles and stub axles. All in a harden steel. Instead of the stock steal and aluminum stubs. Witch might break in the rite situation. But why they went with steel to aluminum is just dumb IMO... really looking good bud. Nicely done bud 👍👍
My guess - someone screwed up the design somewhere along the lines and rather than redesign the part (molds might have already been made when they caught their blunder) or order a different length pin from the machine shop and have yet another part#, they just added that cover. I'd bet money on it actually after looking at the exploded views.
Oh someone definitely screwed up measurements. They weren't going back to design. They said F-it just add a cap. We are good.. I might find a blot that will work on uppers. Can't be that hard to find.👍👍

Stub axles and drive shafts will be here in a couple days, and all I have left on the front bulkhead is the diff, drive cups and diff cover.

View attachment 133921
It looks like a damn frog sitting there! The upper shock bolts are the eyes. See it?
Have you guys tried those ghost pepper chex mix....I can't stop cramming them in my mouth even when I got snot running down my face.... (I think theres a "Thats what she said" joke in there somewhere 🤣) They are really good though!
Not a big fan of Chex Mix. About the only chips I buy is Chili Cheese corn chips for my chili 😉

It looks like a damn frog sitting there! The upper shock bolts are the eyes. See it?
Oh yeah definitely does. Just add some paint to bring it out. That would be cool. Can bring the face down thre the shock tower. It's unbelievable how big the X is. When it's in front of you.. so crazy wait for it to run. Even crazier that size of a RC with all the power it has 🤪 😜
👍👍🤣🤣🤣🤣

Oh yeah definitely does. Just add some paint to bring it out. That would be cool. Can bring the face down thre the shock tower. It's unbelievable how big the X is. When it's in front of you.. so crazy wait for it to run. Even crazier that size of a RC with all the power it has 🤪 😜
👍👍🤣🤣🤣🤣
She has been dubbed the Bullfrog lol.

It is. It will look small out in the middle of the sand dunes though.

I used to say "Eating should not be an indulgence in pain!" but somewhere along the line when I got older something changed. Speaking of hot food. bout to go douse a plate of chicken currey the wife made in franks red hot and go to town lol :)

Now that it's going to start settling down around here, I can get back on my diet.

I installed the front bumper mounts and bumper. It's temporary until I order my diffs, diff cover and drive cups and then I add all the screws and tighten everything up. I'll start building the rear bulkhead as soon as I can order the parts.

IMG_0040.JPG

What drive cups are you referring to? Are you buying upgraded ones? Or are you buying the diffs and cups separately? As in not from Jenny's

7754X traxxas heavy duty drive cups. Not sure yet what direction I am going with it whether it be Jennys or build my own.
I couldn't tell you if the cups from Jennys are heavy duty or not but I will still buy the heavy duty.
Extra parts are always a good thing... :)

Last edited:
Today I received from Jennys, the front drive shafts with hubs and the wheel nut set.

View attachment 134038
View attachment 134040
Hell yeah buddy looking good. Glad to see you put the clip in the rote spot😉🤣🤣🤣👍👍. Damit RPM needs to make more color parts for the X.. would be sweet. If the hubs and knuckles were green as well or shoot even Traxxas can do it in the HD line.. looks awesome bud 👍👍

Thanks man, I was hoping the clip was right. LOL , I had to bring up my manual to make sure.;)

Hey least you were smart and looked it up after to make sure. Unlike some people I know 👍👍. Looking good man

What is more heavy duty about those pins by RPM? Or are they needed with the RPM carriers?

What is more heavy duty about those pins by RPM? Or are they needed with the RPM carriers?
They are a bolt and nut. The stock pins pop out under heavy loads and hard landings
You can use them with the stock arms as well. They are a pin upgrade that's it

Back