MST MTX-1 4WD Monster Truck Kit

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks super scale and nice but, it doesn’t seem to have a good amount of replacement parts available. Also, the shocks look like friction shocks.
I noticed that. The shocks are most likely air shocks.

If you can tolerate the accent in this (kinda funny actually) it shows it has some really nice internals, and the big surprise is it comes with a Savox servo.

At 0:48 - he says "rubber puffer" lol.

Last edited:
I noticed that. The shocks are most likely air shocks. It is new, so I am just curious if the aftermarket will take off with it.

If you can tolerate the accent in this (kinda funny actually) it shows it has some really nice internals, and the big surprise is it comes with a Savox servo.
I can only find 1 RTR version of it and it’s a 2wd, you linked the roller 4WD. He is showing an RTR 4WD.

I can only find 1 RTR version of it and it’s a 2wd, you linked the roller 4WD. He is showing an RTR 4WD.
Yeah, I hadn't watched the whole video or even noticed this was an older RC until after I posted that vid. I just got an email from Amain this morning showing "What's New" lol.

I would take this one over the USA-1 if it were me.

I would take this one over the USA-1 if it were me.
It looks surprisingly well built doesn't it? If it is indeed a kit, I may grab one. Going to have to watch this one.

It's inexpensive so it would be worth it just to try it out.

That's what I was thinking. The gears look to be machined in it. The CVD's look decent. This is all assuming the kits now come with those same components.

The servo may be made by SAVOX but the specs are crap. 138oz-in torque and .19 Speed 🤢🤮

I'm tempted to pick one of these up just to build it.

The servo may be made by SAVOX but the specs are crap. 138oz-in torque and .19 Speed 🤢🤮

I'm tempted to pick one of these up just to build it.
That's not bad at all for a Monster truck. The Granite V3 is only 97oz/in and it does just fine, so 138 would be a huge improvement over most rtr servos.

And besides, the kit comes sans servo 😉

Last edited:
That's not bad at all for a Monster truck. The Granite V3 is only 97oz/in and it does just fine, so 138 would be a huge improvement over most rtr servos.

And besides, the kit comes sans servo 😉
Is an improvement from poop to crap really an improvement? 🤣

At least its a MG servo :)

Is an improvement from poop to crap really an improvement? 🤣

At least its a MG servo :)
Hey, at least it's a Savox. My guess is, it would be just fine. I have zero complaints for the Granite's servo so far. When it craps out, I'll put a beefier one in there.

But imo, people have gone a little crazy looking at servo specs and thinking they need a gazillion kg of torque for these lightweight bashers. That whole truck weighs less than 10lb, and the servo has nearly 20lb of torque. Considering all you are doing is turning the front wheels, that's really more than enough. It's the collisions you gotta worry about though, and metal gears and servo savers absorb that. Now if you are going solid linkage, yeah, a higher torque servo would be better.

Back in the 80's, we would have been happy as a clam to see the servo specs available that we have today 😉

I'm one of those crazy people. I've gotten spoiled with all the decently priced 350+oz-in servos out there. 350 is about the lowest thing I use anymore and thats in my 1/10 scale stuff. Theres a couple of exceptions, like my drift car servo isnt hulk powered but its fast af. Its only 152oz/in but it .04 speed 🔥

you're right though in terms of a stock servo that is a fair piece better than most of the stock servos now-a-days. 👍

Decently priced when it comes to servos is very subjective 😉

I would think the vast majority of RC hobbyists would consider $20-$70 decently priced for a 350oz-in servo but yes, technically that term is subjective.

Generic 25kg/347oz-in .13 speed for $20

JX CLS6036HV 27kg/375oz-in .11 speed Coreless Metal Gear Digital Servo for $30

I've not used the $20 servo but I have used the JX brand and they seem to be pretty good for the price. If you want to jump up in to name brand rebuildable servos you can go this route...

SAVOX SC1201MG - Hi Torque Coreless Standard Digital Servo .12/347 for $68.99

Pretty much anyone in the hobby should be able to afford a 350oz-in servo. While I love my Savox servos, I can't help but think that the paltry SAVOX SC0252MG - Standard Digital Servo .19/145 that cost $37 wouldnt have been better replaced by the $30 JX servo and probably would have been cheaper for MST also but thats just my .02. Contrary to popular belief I do use budget stuff from time to time when I can find something I feel is reliable and cheap. There just aint to many products out there like that imo. Look at the GT3b though. I been using that thing for over a decade and I use it 90% more often than my Sanwa MT-4S. Great budget product! This is also why I'm doing all this lipo testing so I can find what lipos are the best for my budget. So far I like those JX servos too. I'm not 100% sure they deliver 100% of their specs but for the money they are close enough. Big thing I'm waiting to see about them at this point is how long they hold up. So far I have one thats got almost a years usage on it.

Last edited:
JX servos are ok. I have maybe 5 or 6 of them or so laying around and in kits. I did manage to kill one in an 1/18th scale Dromida, but that car does like 40mph and has taken a helluva beating doing cartwheels, running through puddles, etc.

Back