mamba max pro question

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EfrainCG

RCTalk Basher
Active Military
Reaction score
hey there, my understanding of this esc is that is rated for 65a 120 burst. I've seen this esc used on castle creations motors rated for 75a max power. how is this working?

am I missing something

thank you guys.

People run stuff outside of whats recommended and without problems, I think they (castle) like to state a limit to keep them covered. Used to run Sidewinder esc's on 4s lipo even though 3s is what they are limited to on paper. Its going to be at your own risk, one of those deals.

I actually smoked a Sidewinder on 3s even though it's rated for it. So I would recommend caution.

got cha!

what would you recommend for on road street racing? I know KV does not equal power...

You can't really believe any max amp ratings you see on the internet for Castle ESCs. Castle doesn't release those specs. I even tried to call their tech department once to get ratings on all their ESCs cuz I had seen some conflicting information online and they flat out told me they dont release that info to the public so the 65A rating you saw may not be accurate.

I got the impression they wanted to do that on purpose in order to try to get you to buy a castle motor rated to be used with whatever castle esc you have. I think their hope is that if you're not sure what other non castle motors will safely work with their esc then you'll buy one of theirs so you know it will work properly. IDK...they did say that part its just teh impression I was left with but they did say the first part point blank.

Yeah, I've spoken with Castle a few times trying to make sure what I had in mind wouldn't go poof. they are very tight-lipped on specs. I recall seeing on their website on the Mamba Monster 2 I believe "don't worry about amps, it can handle anything you throw at it"

AS long as you stay within the turn limit on the motor's armature and the voltage (6s) then I wouldn't worry about the ESC. The MMP should easily run any 540/550 sized motor.

Back