Losi Mini T 2.0 runaway

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CrunchyM5k

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
I have a mini t 2.0 with the stock HRZ00001 radio, an HRZ00006 receiver, and a Dynamite 2-in-1 6000Kv brushless motor DYNS0501.
If radio signal is lost or glitches this car goes full throttle and holds the steering straight, I haven't noticed anything in the manuals for setting fail safes with this equipment to prevent this.
I haven't seen a car do this since I was messing with a used RC10T4 that came with an old Novak Cyclon TC and giant Futaba Magnum radio. When I enter the hobby in the mid 2000s it seemed most Manufactures had found ways to prevent this from happening with AM and 2.4GHz radios.
Has or solved this runaway problem with the Mini T 2.0?

I have a mini t 2.0 with the stock HRZ00001 radio, an HRZ00006 receiver, and a Dynamite 2-in-1 6000Kv brushless motor DYNS0501.
If radio signal is lost or glitches this car goes full throttle and holds the steering straight, I haven't noticed anything in the manuals for setting fail safes with this equipment to prevent this.
I haven't seen a car do this since I was messing with a used RC10T4 that came with an old Novak Cyclon TC and giant Futaba Magnum radio. When I enter the hobby in the mid 2000s it seemed most Manufactures had found ways to prevent this from happening with AM and 2.4GHz radios.
Has or solved this runaway problem with the Mini T 2.0?
doesn't look like the stock receiver has a built in failsafe but you can always buy an standalone failsafe and hook it up to your receiver.

I was running the same setup as you in my Mini B after I ditched the stock brushed system. Never had any issues tho. Shortly after I used the same ESC/motor 2 in 1 but with my RadioLink radio and savox servo.

You can do what Grey said on a external failsafe
Or you can get a new radio system. FlySky GT3 or GT5 and RadioLink RC4GS V3 for some cheaper options, set up the failsafe in those radios (and you have so many other settings you can adjust as well)

I use a Flysky GT5 for my 1/10 scale stuff, want to keep is small and light for packability of this mini.

Upon further reading of manuals I have found out how to set the failsafe on the HRZ00006 receiver, this information is found in the HRZ00001 radio manual, this information is not present in the manual for the Brushless Mini T 2.0 that used these radios and receivers.
"1. Power ON the transmitter.
2. Press the bind button on the receiver using a small pin and power on the receiver.
The LED will flash then turn solid when Failsafe is set.
3. Remove the bind plug."
I was able to set the failsafe without using a bind plug.

failsafe small.png

Oh, guess you learn something new everyday
Didn't know that receiver had a failsafe

I remember an old Traxxas AM system that would run away every time we turned it on. No more AM for me!
AM, yea thats old.
And also half the problem is that it was traxxas so. 🤷‍♂️
My problem right now is that I should have went straight for that Fruitaba (Futaba) and not with that cheapo radiolink. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I had a pair of radiolink RC4GS radios and never liked them, they glitched out frequently with my Castle motor controllers and one often only worked at a range of 6' through 12' with one car, they definitely were not upgrades from my AM radios. My Flysky GT5 radios have been fine but they do seem to drain batteries even when turned off.

I use a Flysky GT5 for my 1/10 scale stuff, want to keep is small and light for packability of this mini.

Upon further reading of manuals I have found out how to set the failsafe on the HRZ00006 receiver, this information is found in the HRZ00001 radio manual, this information is not present in the manual for the Brushless Mini T 2.0 that used these radios and receivers.
"1. Power ON the transmitter.
2. Press the bind button on the receiver using a small pin and power on the receiver.
The LED will flash then turn solid when Failsafe is set.
3. Remove the bind plug."
I was able to set the failsafe without using a bind plug.

View attachment 175905
Why the hell wouldn’t they just turn it on as the default.. 🤔
Weird!!

Why the hell wouldn’t they just turn it on as the default.. 🤔
Weird!!
My Mini T 2.0 was originally brushed from the time between the limited edition brushless version at launch and the later release of the normal brushless version. My HRZ00006 receiver was purchased new and never configured for a car, stock brushless cars are probably preset at the factory.

Back