Battery Charger for Losi Mini-T 2.0?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chapman951

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
I purchased a used Losi Mini-T 2.0 off of eBay.
Unfortunately, no charger was included.

I do have a charging cord from a Tamiya Neo Scorcher. Can I purchase an adapter to use the Tamiya charger?

IMG_8021.jpeg

IMG_8022.jpeg

Any RC battery charger will work. For.me, when I used the Dynamite batteries. I used 4mm bullet to EC2. And jst XH balance boards, for my charger, which is a SkyRC T200.

That Tamiya charger,could work, only if it can charge lipos. If not, no good. If it can, you.can find a Tamiya to ec2, or solder a ec2 on it. I wouldn't use it tho. Just buy a ordinary RC charger, not a RTR USB wall charger. I would always balance charge a lipo, and at 1C. That Tamiya plug isn't rated for high currents.

When looking for a charger, IMO, It needs, a screen, enough power for your charging preferences, IR reader, and can view voltages, and can tell you voltage, mah, and amp current when charging. Something like SkyRC, gensacearespammers, HiTec, and Hota are good brands too look at.

When I got started racing Mini Bs, I was using the 650 and 800 Dynamite batteries, was charging them around 3 to 4 amps, balance charge. Still have those packs but I keep them as backup. The 800 battery is nice, the 650 my car came with, it has a higher IR, since I ran it below 3.0v/cell before. Currently, I use Urgenex 1100 2s 35C lipos. Pair of 2 from amazon, 20 bucks, can't beat it as 1, from Dynamite is less mah, and 30 bucks.

Last edited:
That battery appears to have a balance plug, so LiPo?

If so, and your charger does lipos, you may be able to use it.

Any RC battery charger will work. For.me, when I used the Dynamite batteries. I used 4mm bullet to EC2. And jst XH balance boards, for my charger, which is a SkyRC T200.

That Tamiya charger,could work, only if it can charge lipos. If not, no good. If it can, you.can find a Tamiya to ec2, or solder a ec2 on it. I wouldn't use it tho. Just buy a ordinary RC charger, not a RTR USB wall charger. I would always balance charge a lipo, and at 1C. That Tamiya plug isn't rated for high currents.

When looking for a charger, IMO, It needs, a screen, enough power for your charging preferences, IR reader, and can view voltages, and can tell you voltage, mah, and amp current when charging. Something like SkyRC, gensacearespammers, HiTec, and Hota are good brands too look at.

When I got started racing Mini Bs, I was using the 650 and 800 Dynamite batteries, was charging them around 3 to 4 amps, balance charge. Still have those packs but I keep them as backup. The 800 battery is nice, the 650 my car came with, it has a higher IR, since I ran it below 3.0v/cell before. Currently, I use Urgenex 1100 2s 35C lipos. Pair of 2 from amazon, 20 bucks, can't beat it as 1, from Dynamite is less mah, and 30 bucks.

Thanks for the response. Will refer to your information if I get into racing.

Went ahead and purchased an additional stock battery that included a charger off of eBay.
That battery appears to have a balance plug, so LiPo?

If so, and your charger does lipos, you may be able to use it.

Was not sure about compatibility and ordered a factory charger. Plus additional battery. 😎😎😎. Just doubled the run time.

Back