Sold / Found LiPO Charger

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rcnut143

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I just bought slowngreen's 18r but now I need a charger/balancer to run it. I don't have much money to spend $20-$30, so I know I'm not gonna find something top of the line.

I may be able to help you out, I'm waiting on my new charger to show up. When and if it does and I am happy with it. I'll sell you a Dynamite charger that can charge 1-8 standard cells, and up to 3S on Lipo's. I just put a Dean's connector on it. The internal; cooling fan took a dump. I'm looking for a replacement. It still charges perfectly, but the fan will make the charger last longer.

would I also need to buy a balencer and power supply then? What model is it?

It's a Dynamite Vision Peak Ultra. It's AC/DC
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=DYN4053
You would need an external balancer if you plan on serious lipo charging.
There is some good info on external balancers in my thread in the General Electric forum.
I just ordered a new, stronger cooling fan for it today.
If you don't want to mess with an external balancer then don't worry about it. I would not mind keeping this one for a backup.
I just bought one of those IMAX/Mystery B6 lipo balance chargers off E-Bay for 53 shipped. I'll review it once it shows up. May be next week before it gets here though.
If it does everything they say it will, you can't beat it with a stick.

Here's a cheap option new, you would just need a connector.
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXPZT6&P=0
Also some of the Heli/Plane Lipo chargers are come with Deans connectors.
I bought my Dad a brushless Axe heli, it came with a 3S lipo with deans connectors and a AC balance charger. I just checked tower, they only want 22 for the charger.

HobbyKing has a few chargers on the cheap. $40 - $60 or so.....Hyperion-style features and what not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back