Lego RC buggy is built and tested!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RetroKevin

Bashing is a way of life!
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling

I'm already thinking on how I can upgrade this lil guy. And I'm always interested in what you all think.
First and foremost will be the motor, shocks, esc, and receiver. I have some spare 1/18 scale stuff that might fit in. But we'll see. ;)
I'll keep you all posted on the progress! 🤙

Oh that's so cool!! I loved Legos. That motor is intense be careful.😉 There's always a way to modify/upgrade anything. Just takes time and of course $$. Happy to see you were able to calibrate you esc and controller 🤣😉 looked like a very fast fun build 🤣🤣👍👍 got to find one.

Just flip your phone upside down and then the steering will be on your right an d throttle on your left. Well, assuming that the screen doesn't flip :)

Pretty cool though. Love legos

Just flip your phone upside down and then the steering will be on your right an d throttle on your left. Well, assuming that the screen doesn't flip :)

Pretty cool though. Love legos
But then the controls would all be backwards 😉

Oh that's so cool!! I loved Legos. That motor is intense be careful.😉 There's always a way to modify/upgrade anything. Just takes time and of course $$. Happy to see you were able to calibrate you esc and controller 🤣😉 looked like a very fast fun build 🤣🤣👍👍 got to find one.
The Bluetooth seems to be a bit funky. It's happened a few times now that it stops connecting half way through.

I'm going to try and not spend too much on upgrading this. I have a motor, and esc/receiver that I recently pulled out of a ecx torment 1/18 that should easily fit.

I could never control it with my phone, my fingers don't like touch screens half the time. Looks really cool though. :)
I had troubles as well. Maybe if it was on a tablet it'd be easier. Either way, I'm going to be putting a esc/receiver, better brushed motor, and a servo in this. It'll be a fun project when I have the time for it.

I had troubles as well. Maybe if it was on a tablet it'd be easier. Either way, I'm going to be putting a esc/receiver, better brushed motor, and a servo in this. It'll be a fun project when I have the time for it.
Where did you get it from you said the mall? What type of store a hobby or toy store.. been trying trying to find it.. I would really like one for 💩 and 🤣 think it looked fun to build and run
Was thinking if worried about breaking into pieces. Think it would be possible to put some glue between pieces. Give some strength. To the joints???

I enjoyed that review! I like your positive vibe and charisma as a YTer, and good video quality! Many of the people on YT have such bland personas and/or poop quality videos. So bad, that often times, I have to wonder if they've actually watched their own videos before submitting it.

Nice job, Kev!

Where did you get it from you said the mall? What type of store a hobby or toy store.. been trying trying to find it.. I would really like one for 💩 and 🤣 think it looked fun to build and run
Was thinking if worried about breaking into pieces. Think it would be possible to put some glue between pieces. Give some strength. To the joints???
I was at the Mall of America with the family. Had to wait in line for 20 minutes or so to get into Lego Land. Got a few other goodies while I was there too 😁
I enjoyed that review! I like your positive vibe and charisma as a YTer, and good video quality! Many of the people on YT have such bland personas and/or poop quality videos. So bad, that often times, I have to wonder if they've actually watched their own videos before submitting it.

Nice job, Kev!
Thank you for the compliments ☺
I've been making YT videos for a couple years now, but this channel it's the first time I've been on camera.

Last edited:

Nice job, Kev!
Thats one of my problems as a YTer. I'm so into just trying to pass on knowledge that I tend to be a bit monotone but thats cuz i have a tendency to get serious when I'm doing stuff like that. I'm sure it makes for bland watching but its just my personality I guess and I dont want to put on a fake front if you know what I mean. Most of my vids are informational so i figure if you really want to learn it you'll watch it anyway lol

Thats one of my problems as a YTer. I'm so into just trying to pass on knowledge that I tend to be a bit monotone but thats cuz i have a tendency to get serious when I'm doing stuff like that. I'm sure it makes for bland watching but its just my personality I guess and I dont want to put on a fake front if you know what I mean. Most of my vids are informational so i figure if you really want to learn it you'll watch it anyway lol
Your personality is great man. Don't be a bit self conscious about it. You have a really good speaking voice as well.

I am hoping to one day soon turn my kid loose on his channel, but for the moment he still needs a little help, so you get me doing most everything. I plan to just be his camera guy and editor. He comes back in a week and he will be doing his first solo vid unboxing the SCX24 C10. Should be fun 🤗

Your personality is great man. Don't be a bit self conscious about it. You have a really good speaking voice as well.

I am hoping to one day soon turn my kid loose on his channel, but for the moment he still needs a little help, so you get me doing most everything. I plan to just be his camera guy and editor. He comes back in a week and he will be doing his first solo vid unboxing the SCX24 C10. Should be fun 🤗
Doing a YT channel will be a great father son project.

Thanks for the kind words. One thing I really should do is script the videos and build a teleprompter so my videos will seem more professional and I wont repeat myself as much, videos would be shorter etc but thats just a whole other level of work to put in to the videos on top of filming and editing etc that I really dont want to do. You really need a partner or a team to produce videos like that

Doing a YT channel will be a great father son project.

Thanks for the kind words. One thing I really should do is script the videos and build a teleprompter so my videos will seem more professional and I wont repeat myself as much, videos would be shorter etc but thats just a whole other level of work to put in to the videos on top of filming and editing etc that I really dont want to do. You really need a partner or a team to produce videos like that
That is where editing comes in. I trim stuff out of our vids. I am no pro at it by any means, but we only started a couple months ago. And my kid loves it. I think he will love it even more once we get things setup a little better and he is at the helm. A teleprompter would be great, but yeah, a bit more work to do before you ever make the vid.

I myself am a big fan of live streams, where someone just sits and builds a car. You get to witness all the hurdles and goof ups. Keeps things real. But then again, I am pretty well tied to my recliner some days.

Back to the topic - how cool would it be to have a Lego demolition RC series? 😀

Nice job, Kev!
Your so rite.. its either all they do is talk talk talk and sound like the reviews they read just before they made the video with no good info or any short of personality.. like a robot 🤖.. and where's the RC that's supposed to be talking about.. get to it let's see which your talking about and maybe drive or bash it.. I don't even think half of them actually run there RC. They just buy them to make videos..all the RCs are RTR with the upgrades everyone talks about.. its said because people follow them and spend unnecessary $$ on their RC as well.. never really see any building RCs.. Most of every RC is spotless clean not even some dust on tires. I clean mine also.. But never looks cleaner then the day it came out of box.. the Lego build was a good one I agree 100%. Nice job kev aka RETRO 👍 👍

Back