John's choo choo

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm just throwing scenes together. I'm not modeling a particular era.

I am really impressed with the rock molds and plaster cloth. Here is the start of Castle Canyon. See what I did there?;)

IMG_0146.JPG
IMG_0148.JPG

Very nice boulders bro. Love the bridge too. How is the trestle coming along?

Thanks guys. Kev, it's coming along really well. I haven't worked on it in a while because of other areas I worked on but I started adding some more sticks on it this morning.
I installed another roll of plaster cloth also this morning. It's looking pretty good.

It's all looking great. Can't wait to see the trestle all buttoned up. It's my favorite feature on any railroad.

Started building the waterfall. It is poured on wax paper and will dry clear in about 24 hours. Then I will use self-leveling modeling water over the top of it and it will add detail. I painted the waterfall already and once I cover it with the model water, it will really come alive.

IMG_0152.JPG
IMG_0151.JPG

It's all looking great. Can't wait to see the trestle all buttoned up. It's my favorite feature on any railroad.
I want to darken the actual bridge up a little bit and then weatherize both the bridge and the trestle. I just finished painting the trestle.

Back