John's choo choo

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm ready for a break and some nice weather so I can head for the sand dunes.

Bull frog is running awesome but only took it out once. I hate cleaning rigs so I keep them in unit it's nice out. It's been cold and a snow flake or two.

My very first train was a big train that I set up around the Christmas tree. I actually still have it in storage.

Been working on the Coal mining operation.

IMG_0172.JPG

As someones whos paternal heritage comes straight outta the West Virginia coal mines I can appreciate this! :)

This is coming together pretty quick! :thumbs-up:
I work on it from sun up to sun down. I actually get up about 5am, have my coffee and then head on in the train room.

As someones whos paternal heritage comes straight outta the West Virginia coal mines I can appreciate this! :)
I think a coal mine on a train layout is the coolest scene.
I'm still weatherizing this...

IMG_0145.JPG

I've been following this thread and it is impressive how quickly this is coming together, given all the details you're doing!
With deep winter quickly descending, you've gotten me motivated, and I've been contemplating a micro crawl course to go on top of my unused slot track. The track will require lots of elbow grease to get it back to tip top shape, so that's a project for a distant future. So, I've been thinking about making a modular, lightweight system that will just sits on top of the track layout.
What I'm thinking is to use 1" rigid foam insulation panels, cut into something like 2'x3' sections. Hot glue ground and rock structures using cardboard and/or chicken wires onto the panels. Then paper mache for the final finish.
Doing a little research on paper mache, I came across this video, which I thought is brilliant, so figured I share it.

@Xraycer Cool tutorial, thanks for that, I've seen a few different ways but this looks easy. The only draw back I see is making myself be patient during the drying between layers.
With my short attention span, I may not make it pass the tearing toilet paper step.

I've been following this thread and it is impressive how quickly this is coming together, given all the details you're doing!
With deep winter quickly descending, you've gotten me motivated, and I've been contemplating a micro crawl course to go on top of my unused slot track. The track will require lots of elbow grease to get it back to tip top shape, so that's a project for a distant future. So, I've been thinking about making a modular, lightweight system that will just sits on top of the track layout.
What I'm thinking is to use 1" rigid foam insulation panels, cut into something like 2'x3' sections. Hot glue ground and rock structures using cardboard and/or chicken wires onto the panels. Then paper mache for the final finish.
Doing a little research on paper mache, I came across this video, which I thought is brilliant, so figured I share it.
I've watched this video before and it is pretty cool. Thanks for sharing bro.

I have been busy with a ton of other projects but this morning I finally got the train room cleaned up, "it was a disaster" and added a bit more to the layout.

IMG_0189.JPG

I've watched this video before and it is pretty cool. Thanks for sharing bro.

I have been busy with a ton of other projects but this morning I finally got the train room cleaned up, "it was a disaster" and added a bit more to the layout.

View attachment 139878
:wideyed:.
Absolutely fantastic work!
:first_place:

Thanks bro. It was nice to finally get the room cleaned up.

Back