John's choo choo

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tunedfrog

Kermit the frog is a sissy.
Supporter
Military Veteran
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
Oh, why not, I'll just start a progress thread on my train.

I only have about 6 ft of ballasting left but still need to fill in a few places and I finished the rough build of one of the buildings @WickedFog sent me, "thanks again bro".
I still have to stain this but I didn't have some right now.

IMG_0126.JPG
IMG_0124.JPG

I sure enjoy it. Otherwise, I would be sitting on my ass getting even more fat.
In the bottom pic on the left-hand side, you can see the start of a trestle. I'm going to build a waterfall in that corner.

Trestles are the funnest model railroad stuff to make. It's fun watching them come together one stick at a time.

A lot easier than the coaling tower. I failed miserably on that one and my temper got in the road.:eek:
I also tried cutting out the windows on the last one but screw that. lol I'll paint them dark.

This is super cool 👍
I used to sit in the library when I was in elementary school reading model railroad magazines. Dreaming of the day I could build a magnificent layout like the one you got going. So.. I’ll just live vicariously thru you as I follow along. Because I’ll never get around to it..

Ps, your gonna be a full fledged Carpenter by the time your done. 😉

Ps, your gonna be a full fledged Carpenter by the time your done. 😉
Since the room this is in used to be a tool shed, and he built a shed to put those tools in to make room for this, I think you're right 🤗

Last edited:
Back