John's choo choo

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've watched this video before and it is pretty cool. Thanks for sharing bro.

I have been busy with a ton of other projects but this morning I finally got the train room cleaned up, "it was a disaster" and added a bit more to the layout.

View attachment 139878

Looks amazing!

@Xraycer Cool tutorial, thanks for that, I've seen a few different ways but this looks easy. The only draw back I see is making myself be patient during the drying between layers.
No wonder we had a toilet paper shortage last year, it's all you damn model railroaders. :D

Thanks @armykyle1

I got bored today after we got home from Boise. I still need to clean it up and add some more vegetation.

IMG_0219.JPG

And a few Slim Jims!
Beef jerkey and a couple cans of Chocola was what I took fishin. Nowadays, a bag of jerkey costs as much as a Black Angus steak at a fancy restaurant! And sadly, you never see Chocola anymore, and Yoohoo just ain't it 😥

Beef jerkey and a couple cans of Chocola was what I took fishin. Nowadays, a bag of jerkey costs as much as a Black Angus steak at a fancy restaurant! And sadly, you never see Chocola anymore, and Yoohoo just ain't it 😥
I'd loved Yoo-hoo! when I was a kid!

I don't recall Chocola though.

Probably good I don't have a train diorama, the urge to put a body at the bottom of the pond with cement shoes on and a couple of goons gettin' back in their car would be too tempting for me. ;)

Probably good I don't have a train diorama, the urge to put a body at the bottom of the pond with cement shoes on and a couple of goons gettin' back in their car would be too tempting for me. ;)
Most of the small dioramas I made back in the day had a humerous side to them.

Thanks bro.
Fly-Fishing kayak dude?
Depends on the body of water we are fishing. We have a little reservoir about 15 minutes from us that I flyfish on for trout but that's more of a "oh goody, I get to get out of the house" type of thing. I use the float tube for that however.
I am a Crappie fisherman more than anything so I fish in Idaho and Oregon with the kayaks.
For the days, I am really bored to death then I take out the Catfish poles and head for the Snake River which is only 7 blocks from us.
I've had plenty of boats but I prefer kayaks.

Last edited:
Ok - I will plan a trip and you can guide me! ;) I do it all, so whatever you think is good for that "weekend"

Back