Ideas for T-Maxx mods

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CptAwesome

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
First, A story:

About two weeks ago I rebuilt my back shocks (Old owner let them sit for a while dry, and they started to leak once I filled them). My LHS only had 2 rebuild kits on hand, so we ordered the other two. They came in the Friday before this past one. By the time I got around to doing them on Wednesday, I discovered they were for similar shocks to mine, but the shafts on mine were .5mm thicker. Called the LHS back again, and he said it would be next Friday (maybe Thursday) before they're in. I already took the leaky ones apart completely and cleaned up the truck, so there's no point in even attempting to use it until the shocks are done.

Of course, I've only had this t-maxx about three weeks, and all this happens just when I finally got ir running smoothly, too. Spirit = crushed.

In the meantime, I need to do something. On my list of necessities is a new steering and throttle servo, and a return spring or cutoff switch of some sort (to avoid any future mishaps). I'm looking to do something cool to the truck. I bought it with a lot of upgrades already done to it. But I want to be able to say that it's really mine because I did something to it. So, does anyone have any suggestions? I'm looking for upgrades, mods, etc. I'm new to this and still relatively in the dark about most of this hobby, so all suggestions are very much appreciated. There has to be something out there to eat up the week-long wait for the stupid o-rings I need. :D

imho the best way to make a t-maxx yours is get a slick body and paint it yourself. nothing makes it yours like your name in giant red letters on the side of it.

I mentioned it before, but I was already thinking about getting this (which my LHS has in stock):

lproc3252.jpg

and painting it to match this:

48094709.jpg

I thought it would look cool to have a big and a small version of the same truck. But I know what will happen. I will paint it up and take my time because I want it to come out nice. But then I won't want to use it and get it all scratched and dirty. :D

EDIT: After seeing those two pics side by side, it just occurred to me for the first time that RC cars, even the replica bodies, don't have mirrors. I suppose that makes sense, but now they all look weird to me. (Yea, I am kind of strange).

Last edited:
The list of thing you can do to a tmaxx is endless. A body painted by you is certainly a great way to.personalize it.

Sent from my DROIDX