E-Maxx build

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thatwelderguy69

RCTalk Member
Supporter
Military Veteran
Reaction score
I recently got back into RC's and it escalated pretty fast. I now have 21 RC's. 9 of which are E-Maxx's and since I have converted them all to brushless and started upgrading all of them for different purposes. The current one I snapped in two, so I thought I'd see how I could fix it. So since I have 30 years of building 4x4's under my belt, I went to it. I started off with a frame skeleton that I acquired off Facebook's Marketplace, in an RC lot. I started with splitting the skeleton in two and made some rods to connect the two halves together. So I got out my tap and die set and made those to accept some nuts. Then I just started reinforcing the tub with the skeleton, and tying everything together for much more support. I think it was kind of dumb for the engineers to have that much weight hanging off the tub and only had 4 little screws holding it on the tub. So I tied the skeleton into the tub with screws and nuts, then tied the top into the shocks and body mount and then tied that together from side to side. I put the tires on and dropped it from 5 ft and it lands nicely and with my hands, I can't move anything. So it is seriously strong now. I'm building this one for some serious speed, so I mounted a new Spektrum 3900kv brushless motor with a Spektrum 100amp brushless ESC. I rebuilt the transmission with all steel gears. The axle shafts, drive lines and the intermediate shaft are all steel as well. I don't know how fast it's going, but it'll cover an acre in seconds. So I'm pretty happy with how it all is turning out. I still need to find the perfect body for it. I have several Slash bodies that I'm thinking about painting and modifying them to fit the E-Maxx.

PXL_20231208_205614586.jpg

PXL_20231206_231300173.jpg

PXL_20231208_232358828.jpg

PXL_20231208_205602203.jpg

PXL_20231207_201001306.jpg

PXL_20231210_182911312.jpg

PXL_20231208_193255995.jpg

PXL_20231210_182845096.jpg

Interesting build. I wonder how the cog is. I personally probably would have used a tmaxx chassis myself, but tinkering is part of the hobby.

I always wanted an emaxx, the 3905 although the 3906 2 speed was cool at the time. When rhey dripped the v twin emaxx concept I drooled over that.

Almost looks like an hpi savage tvp or a vintage kyosho or tamiya tvp.

I actually have a t-max on my shelf that I converted to a brushless electric. About the only difference in the frame and suspension are the axle shafts. They're much larger and longer by a fraction. All of my e-maxes have the two-speed transmissions. With a 3500kv motor, when you shift up, get ready cuz it flys. I'm building them basically for different purposes. Like make one really fast make one for jumping. You know stuff like that just tinkering.