I went grave digging today.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The bits aren't the strongest steel. I use mine for just general light duty stuff. I am normally very careful with knowing when a bit is about to strip, and those have just randomly bit me a number of times. Maybe you got a better set, but I won't use mine on my RC stuff. As long as you don't get crazy though, it is a handy little set.
Thanks for the heads up. I have been meaning to get another set better suited for RC's anyway. This just gives me an excuse. 🤣

Tires dont look like they have flat spots.. Tooth brush time with a cup of simple green. oil some rc love. a few other new parts not a bad score.. had a rc10 gold in way worse shape.

OK so I've spent a ton of time this morning trying to track down your mystery nitro "truck". I put truck in quotes because I dont think this started life as a truck but rather a buggy. Specifically I think it started life as an OFNA Ultra LX One. So here the thing, the "truck" definitely has an OFNA Ultra chassis. Below are pics of 4 different Ultra kits and every one of them have the same exact chassis. The closest one that matches with the suspension and other tidbits is the Ultra LX One. If you study pics of these kits I believe what happened was he took an LX One and put the Ultra GTP Body post mounts on it, put bigger tires on it, a MT body and called it a day. Oh and BTW, from what I can tell all of the Ultra based RTRs came with FC 3.5 engines and airtronics servos. I originally spent some time trying to find evidence of an OFNA MT based on the Ultra chassis but could not find a shred of evidence. That based with the fact that your "truck" has a typical buggy chassis is what I'm basing my hypothesis on. Check with your cuz and see if it was originally a buggy. I'm betting it was :)

Ok, so having just said all of that the LX One shock towers look slightly different than your "truck" so I may be wrong about the exact model it started out as but whatever it was it had to be an OFNA Ultra based buggy.

OFNA Ultra LX One - This is what I believe the exact kit used to be or at least what appears to be the closest match to me.
OFNA ultra LX one.JPG

OFNA Ultra GTP touring car - Possibly where the non buggy body posts came from?
Ofna-Ultra-GTP-Chassis3.jpg

OFNA Ultra GT LX - Another potential candidate for what the kit is. I couldnt find good enough pics to make close up comparisons
OFNA ultra GT LX.jpg

OFNA Ultra MBX - This isnt the exact kit because this kit has a pillow ball front suspension but its just one more example of an Ultra based platform that has FC 3.5 engine and airtronics servos.
Ofna-Ultra-MBX-34312-Chassis.jpg

If its none of these kits than hopefully I got someone else in the ballpark to nail down exactly what it is but I have spent all the time I care to spend researching this. I hope this helps :)

OK so I've spent a ton of time this morning trying to track down your mystery nitro "truck". I put truck in quotes because I dont think this started life as a truck but rather a buggy. Specifically I think it started life as an OFNA Ultra LX One. So here the thing, the "truck" definitely has an OFNA Ultra chassis. Below are pics of 4 different Ultra kits and every one of them have the same exact chassis. The closest one that matches with the suspension and other tidbits is the Ultra LX One. If you study pics of these kits I believe what happened was he took an LX One and put the Ultra GTP Body post mounts on it, put bigger tires on it, a MT body and called it a day. Oh and BTW, from what I can tell all of the Ultra based RTRs came with FC 3.5 engines and airtronics servos. I originally spent some time trying to find evidence of an OFNA MT based on the Ultra chassis but could not find a shred of evidence. That based with the fact that your "truck" has a typical buggy chassis is what I'm basing my hypothesis on. Check with your cuz and see if it was originally a buggy. I'm betting it was :)

Ok, so having just said all of that the LX One shock towers look slightly different than your "truck" so I may be wrong about the exact model it started out as but whatever it was it had to be an OFNA Ultra based buggy.

OFNA Ultra LX One - This is what I believe the exact kit used to be or at least what appears to be the closest match to me.
View attachment 131178

View attachment 131179

OFNA Ultra GT LX - Another potential candidate for what the kit is. I couldnt find good enough pics to make close up comparisons
View attachment 131180

OFNA Ultra MBX - This isnt the exact kit because this kit has a pillow ball front suspension but its just one more example of an Ultra based platform that has FC 3.5 engine and airtronics servos.
View attachment 131181

If its none of these kits than hopefully I got someone else in the ballpark to nail down exactly what it is but I have spent all the time I care to spend researching this. I hope this helps :)
Holy 💩! Greywolf I think you figured it out. That first pic looks pretty much just like it. Thanks for all research you put in!

My cousin told me everything he knew about it. Which is next to nothing 😆

Holy 💩! Greywolf I think you figured it out. That first pic looks pretty much just like it. Thanks for all research you put in!

My cousin told me everything he knew about it. Which is next to nothing 😆
Glad I could help. I'm sittin' here at work with nothin much to work on atm so I figured I take a crack at it. :)

The OFNA Ultra kits were nice kits back in their day. Theyre pretty much vintage now. I have an OFNA MBX 9.5 from back around that time frame and I still love that buggy to this day.

Checked on the rusted bits just now. Looks like it's still working it's magic.
20210818_103004.jpg

I'll work on checking the shocks, cleaning up the plastic, and seeing if the bearings are worth while to keep.

I have a stubborn rusted pin. I've used WD-40 rust release penetrant spray on it a few times. But it's not coming loose.
20210818_124645.jpg

I'd just leave it, but the bearings sound like they need attention/replacements.
What do you guys recommend?

<<<<Does mine make me look fat?
No it looks like you are peaking out your window. To see if your RC parts have arrived yet... and waiting to pounce on them once they show up.... 🤣🤣🤣🤣

View attachment 131178

View attachment 131179

View attachment 131180

View attachment 131181

Dude that's some awesome detective work you did man.. well done sir 👍👍👍
View attachment 131198
Got all the plastic stuff cleaned and soaking in a plastic revitalize and protector.
Holly 💩💩 man that clean tub was filthy... WOW.. the plastics are really looking good.. awesome job well done sir.. any wait to see it rebuilt and back to its shiny glorious self...

20210818_155828.jpg

Got all but two of the bearings freed up. Four of them were perfect still so those will go in the transmission.

Back