HPI XL MT Carrying Bag - Review/Comparison

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olds97_lss

RCTalk VIP
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
My wife bought me a new hauler bag for Christmas. I had a wingtote. The new bag has wheels and a handle. Should make it easier to get up and down 3 flights of stairs when the time comes. It has a handle on the end as well so you can carry it standing up, then it has a handle that extends like luggage so you can wheel it.

Just for anyone thinking of getting one, here it is with my stuff and my two trucks in it.

The bag on it's own:
2008-1225-HPIBagClosed.jpg

Aftershock:
2008-1225-HPIBagAftershock.jpg

Aftershock w/MGT body for reference:
2008-1225-HPIBagAftershockBody.jpg

1 inch Hot Bodies extended TVP Savage:
2008-1225-HPIBagSavage.jpg

This is my old bag with a XTM 21 conversion chassis t-maxx. It was about the same length as a standard 21 savage:
2004-0401-21MaxxInTheBag.jpg

So far, the only downside is no external pockets. But they give you a couple separator pieces that you can move around and fasten to the sides internally to split the bag into 4 sections. They attach with some wide cut heavy duty velcro. There are also two heavy straps to strap the truck to the bottom of the bag so it doesn't move around on you. I used them to tie down the drip towel on the bottom. The canvas it's made out of feels just as heavy as my wingtote, which has held up great for 6 years.

I think it will be ok and everything should stay in it's place with the deviders.

Last edited:
Ya i got a new Wingtote, its pretty sweet, lots of pockets and room for my savage.

Hope this doesn't come out the wrong way, but that's a nice bag Olds! :D

It looks like it has a lot of options for transporting/carrying, should work nicely.

Yeah. I really liked my wingtote for what it was, but I hated carrying the thing. It was so wide that if you used the handles like a duffel, it banged into your legs and every doorway you walked through. Not fun when you live on the 3rd floor and your car is 75 yards from the building. I had to sling it over my shoulder like santa. By the time I got to my car, my fingers were numb and getting cut from the weight/position as was my shoulder. Very annoying.

This new one looks to be less of a hassle. Hopefully I'll find out soon if the temps go up a bit.

I have the Wingtote as well. $75 dollars and I used it ONCE. Too damn bulky. For now I am using a large shooting bag for all my stuff and am carrying the rigs. I was looking at the HPI bag but wasn't sure my LST would fit. Now that I know it will I will be giving this bag some consideration. Thanks, olds!

Back